We handpicked the products and tools linked in this post. If you buy from one of these affiliate links, we may earn a small commission. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Want a drink that's quick to make, and refreshing? You can't do better than this impressive, three-ingredient blue lagoon mocktail. Everyone will love its delicious citrus flavor and dazzling blue hue!
This drink only requires three basic ingredients: blue Curaçao syrup, lemon juice, and a lemon-lime soda, such as Sprite. Make sure to freshly squeeze your own juice for this drink, as it makes a big difference in the flavor. Chill the Curaçao syrup and the Sprite for the best taste.
What does blue Curaçao syrup taste like?
The syrup smells and tastes like a clementine orange. It's very sweet, but has a mild orange flavor that complements other ingredients.
How do you pronounce Curaçao?
This is a challenging word to say, as it's definitely not phonetic! It should be pronounced as cure-ah-SEW. Listen to the pronunciation if you feel stumped.
Where does the blue color come from?
Naturally, Curaçao liqueur is colorless, so the blue is all from dye. The syrup's color is also from dye.
Do I need ice for this drink?
If the other ingredients are chilled, there's no need for ice. If you'd like ice anyway, that's fine!
What glassware should I use?
A highball glass (affiliate) is the traditional choice for a blue lagoon, however, many people like to use hurricane glasses or martini glasses.
Can I make this in advance?
You can rim the glasses and squeeze the lemon juice in advance, but wait to mix up the drink until right before serving. You don't want the Sprite to lose its carbonation.
How do you make this into a slushie?
Make the drink completely in advance and pour it into a glass container with a lid. Freeze for 4-6 hours, stirring halfway through. Break up any clumps before serving.
How to Make
Gather the ingredients.
Pour ¼ cup of blue Curaçao syrup into a 15-ounce highball glass.
Add 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Top up the drink with 12 ounces of Sprite.
Stir gently, then garnish with a lemon slice and enjoy immediately.
- Chill all the ingredients before making the drink. This reduces the need for ice.
- If you'd like ice, use full cubes of ice.
- Change up the garnish by using an orange slice or sprig of mint.
- Want to make this into a slushie? Freeze the drink in a freezer-friendly container for 4-6 hours, stirring halfway through. Break up any clumps with a fork and enjoy immediately.
If you liked this recipe and found it helpful, give it some love by sharing!
The pleasure of a 5-star review would be greatly appreciated!Print
This refreshing non alcoholic drink is easy to make for kids and adults to enjoy. Savor this blue lagoon mocktail on hot summer days. You can even make it into a fun slushy!
- ¼ cup blue Curaçao syrup (60 ml)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (30 ml)
- 12 fl oz lemon-lime soda, such as Sprite (355 ml)
- Lemon slice, for garnish
- Ice (optional)
- Squeeze the juice from a fresh lemon using a citrus reamer.
- Fill a 15-ounce highball glass with two or three ice cubes, if desired.
- Pour the blue Curaçao syrup and lemon juice into the glass, then slowly fill the rest of the glass with the Sprite. Stir gently to combine.
- Garnish the drink with a lemon slice and a paper straw. Enjoy immediately.
- Rim the glasses by dipping them in water and then in sugar.
- Chill the Sprite and the blue Curaçao syrup to reduce the need for ice.
- Make this into a slushie by freezing the drink in a freezer-friendly container for 4-6 hours. Stir halfway through. Before serving, break up any clumps with a fork.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mocktail, blue curacao