We handpicked the products and tools linked in this post. If you buy from one of these affiliate links, we may earn a small commission. Thanks for supporting Savor the Flavour!
Easy tomato and basil bruschetta is an Italian appetizer that satisfies that craving for something crunchy. Got any tomato lovers in your house? 🍅 I am a huge fan of tomatoes, so I think bruschetta is perfect any time of year. Oh, and it’s so easy to make. Just make sure your knife is sharp, so if it hasn’t been sharpened in a while, now is the time. 😊
Want to know my secret to making a tray of awesome bruschetta? It’s simple. Use the freshest tomatoes you can find. Dice them up, stir in your salt and pepper, and let them sit on the counter while you slice two baguettes on the diagonal. Toast both sides of the baguettes under the broiler, then while they are still warm, lightly rub one side with fresh garlic. If you like a stronger garlic taste, rub a bit more garlic on each slice. When you do this, you don’t even miss the oil.
Next, add a splash of white balsamic vinegar to your bowl of diced tomatoes. Finish it off by cutting the fresh basil into ribbons. Serve this tasty tomato salad on top of some toasted homemade baguettes, and you’ll have a winning appetizer that your friends and family will gladly devour.Print
This easy recipe for tomato and basil bruschetta is a perfect finger food for a crowd! It’s a classic Italian appetizer made up of toasted baguette slices rubbed with garlic and topped with fresh tomatoes and basil.
- 2 1/2 cups fresh Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 French baguettes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 heaping cup fresh basil, julienned
- Wash 9 Roma tomatoes and remove the seeds. Dice them and put into a medium bowl, and stir in the salt and pepper.
- Make sure the oven rack is 6 inches from the broiler. Turn the broiler on high.
- Slice two French baguettes on the diagonal 1/2 inch thick. Lay the pieces on a large cookie sheet.
- Broil the baguettes on both sides until lightly browned. Watch closely, because some slices will be done quicker.
- While still warm, lightly rub one side of each baguette with a peeled garlic clove. Then put the baguette slices on a large cutting board.
- Add one teaspoon of white balsamic vinegar to the bowl of diced tomatoes. Stir.
- Wash 8 or 9 large basil leaves, pat dry, stack, and cut into ribbons.
- Add the fresh basil to the tomatoes and stir.
- Spoon the bruschetta on top of each slice of toasted baguette. Serve immediately for the best crunch.
Bruschetta is a wonderful recipe to use when you have an abundance of summer vine-ripened tomatoes.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Chopped
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: easy bruschetta, best bruschetta recipe