Thanks for stopping by! We’re Brooke and Emma, a mother and daughter team who are the writers and recipe developers behind Savor the Flavour.
Since 2017, Savor the Flavour has grown to become a popular food blog, with many readers enjoying our sweet and savory recipes made from scratch. If you want to learn how to cook and bake, or are looking for something delicious for dinner, this is the place to be.
- Our goal is to teach you how to cook and bake successfully, to have fun in the kitchen, and to create an amazing dish to share with your friends and family.
- All of our recipes are made from scratch with real food and clean ingredients. You won’t find many shortcuts or gimmicks here; we’re all about investing the time needed to make high quality, flavorful food!
- Since we’re a family blog, most of our recipes are designed to feed a family of four or more. Many of our recipes can be frozen to save for later or are perfect for leftovers.
- We craft detailed recipe posts with step-by-step photos, helpful tips and videos, and FAQs to help you gain more confidence and expertise in the kitchen.
A Family Business
We are self-taught cooks and bakers who are passionate about teaching others to have fun in the kitchen. Brooke does recipe development, writing, and the business end of things, while Emma does recipe development, writing, photography, and social media. Brooke’s other two school-aged daughters love being the official taste testers.
Why the Name Savor the Flavour?
As Canadians who have lived in the United States for over twenty years, we wanted to choose a name that reflected both our Canadian heritage and American residence. That’s why we picked the American spelling for “savor” and the Canadian/British spelling for “flavour.”
Fun Facts about Brooke & Emma
Brooke has a fine arts degree, and enjoys putting her teaching skills into practice by homeschooling her daughters for the past nineteen years. Emma (23) graduated from high school three years early, and has a natural flair for piano, baking, writing, and photography. We’re both Bible believing Christians who want to show His love to others.
Recipes on Savor the Flavour have been featured in the Oprah Magazine, The Guardian, Parade, Yahoo, Town & Country, Delish, and BuzzFeed. Brooke and Emma have also been featured on Tailwind.
Our Top Recipes in 2022
- Blue Lagoon Mocktail
- Copycat Chick-fil-A Kale Crunch Salad
- Chick-fil-A Avocado Lime Ranch
- Virgin Strawberry Daiquiri
- Panda Express Eggplant Tofu
Getting Around on Savor the Flavour
We strive to have a user friendly site, and post recipes you and your family will love!
- Recipe Index: Browse our recipe index and click on categories to refine your search.
- Recipe Search: Click the magnifying glass in the lower right corner of our website to search for a particular recipe, ingredient, or type of cuisine. This makes finding a recipe to fit the ingredients you have incredible easy.
- Recipe Roundups: For ease, we try to organize similar recipes into round ups. Our focus in on holiday and copycat recipes.
- Gift Guides: Looking for Christmas or birthday gift ideas? Our gift guides are great sources of inspiration for the cooks, bakers and coffee lovers on your gift list.
What We Love about Food Blogging
Every day, we are on a different adventure, whether it’s trying new ingredients, creating different recipes, learning about SEO, or writing new posts. One of our favorite parts of food blogging is teaching others how to create amazing food.
Let’s Stay in Touch!
We’d love to connect with you!
- Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Subscribe to our twice-weekly email newsletters to stay up with our latest happenings.
- Take some time to browse through our recipes and let us know when you try one by leaving a comment.
It is our hope that you will find recipes on Savor the Flavour that will become new family favorites. Pour yourself a cup of coffee and stay a while.
Brooke and Emma