Thanks for stopping by! We’re Brooke and Emma Fajcz, a mother and daughter team who are the writers and recipe developers behind Savor the Flavour.
Since 2017, Savor the Flavour has grown to become a popular food blog, with many monthly readers enjoying our sweet and savory recipes made from scratch. If you want to learn how to cook and bake, or are looking for something delicious for dinner, this is the place to be.
We are self-taught cooks and bakers who are passionate about teaching others to have fun in the kitchen. Here's a little of our story and how we got into food blogging.
Brooke has been cooking for her family for over 26 years. She is a passionate teacher who has homeschooled her three daughters for over 20 years, and has cooked for church functions for over a decade. Her recipes have been featured on Oprah Magazine, Fox 47 News, Parade, and Town & Country Magazine.
Graduating from high school three years early gave Emma time to start baking and teaching herself food photography. Emma was a Contributing Editor for the children's mineral magazine Mini Miners Monthly, and has been teaching the Adobe Creative Cloud software since 2018. Now, her recipes and food photography have been featured in Delish, Parade, BuzzFeed, The Guardian, and Insider.
Brooke’s other two daughters, Beth and Alex, love being the official taste testers. You'll see their reviews on almost every one of our recipes!
Both Brooke and Emma do recipe prep, development, and writing for Savor the Flavour.
Brooke does the managing, scheduling, bookkeeping and the analytics end of blogging, while Emma does all the food photography, videography, social media, and WordPress management. We are grateful to work in a niche that we love, and we enjoy working together.
Fun Facts about Brooke & Emma
Brooke (29 and holding) loves to craft, sew, travel, and entertain. She is a passionate teacher who has homeschooled her three daughters for over 20 years, and has a triple major in visual art, history, and geography. She is a Christian who wants to share the Good News of Christ with others.
- Our goal is to teach you how to cook and bake successfully, to have fun in the kitchen, and to create an amazing dish to share with your friends and family.
- All of our recipes are made from scratch with real food. You won’t find many shortcuts or gimmicks here; we’re all about investing the time needed to make high quality, flavorful food.
- Most of our recipes are designed to feed a family of four or more.
- We craft detailed recipe posts with step-by-step photos, helpful tips and videos, and FAQs to help you make our recipes successfully the first time!
What You'll Find on Savor the Flavour
- Recipe Index: Browse our recipe index and click on categories to refine your search.
- Recipe Search: Click the magnifying glass in the lower right corner of our website to search for a particular recipe, ingredient, or type of cuisine. This makes finding a recipe to fit the ingredients you have incredibly easy.
- Newsletters: We send out twice-weekly newsletters with lots of tasty recipes. Readers love the food jokes we include in each newsletter. Subscribe to our newsletter so you don't miss out.
- Recipe Collections: For ease, we try to organize similar recipes into recipe collections. The focus is on holiday and copycat recipes.
- Gift Guides: Looking for gift ideas for birthdays, Mother's day or Christmas? Our gift guides are great sources of inspiration for the cooks, bakers and coffee lovers on your gift list.
- Our Favorite Kitchen Products: Visit our Amazon Influencer shop to see our recommended kitchen tools and ingredients that we use over and over again!
- Our Shopify Store: We're expanding our store that we launched in 2023 with more fun food-themed products!
As Canadians who have lived in the United States for over twenty years, we wanted to choose a name that reflected both our Canadian heritage and American residence. That’s why we picked the American spelling for “savor” and the Canadian/British spelling for “flavour.”
If you're looking for a quick dinner recipe, this alfredo basil sauce served with cheese tortellini is one of our family favorites. If you want an easy and fast dessert recipe, you'll love this brownie mug cake, which is also vegan and dairy free.
Up for a cooking or baking challenge? You'll love this mouthwatering chicken, sausage, and shrimp gumbo. You'll learn how to peel and devein shrimp, and how to make your own seafood stock and roux.
For a baking challenge, you'll definitely want to try this amazing Sachertorte, which is one of the world's most popular chocolate cakes. The egg-leavened chocolate sponge is sandwiched with apricot jam, glazed with a chocolate ganache, and decorated with the word "Sacher" piped in milk chocolate.
If you're looking for healthy and/or vegan dinner recipes on Savor the Flavour, you'll definitely want to try this flavorful Moroccan lentil stew, which is packed with veggies and spices. Readers love our vegan Panda Express eggplant tofu, which is also one of our family favorite dinners.
If you're looking for healthy and/or vegan desserts on Savor the Flavour, you'll want to try these date coconut protein balls and these crowd-pleasing vegan snickerdoodles.
Our Family Favorite Recipes
Our recipes and photography have been featured in the Oprah Magazine, The Guardian, Parade, Yahoo, Insider, Delish, and BuzzFeed. Brooke and Emma have also been featured on Tailwind.
To read more about where our recipes and photography have been featured, read our press page.
Work With Us
Want to work with us? We would love to work with your brand if you align with our values. Read more about working with us.
If you're a food blogger, Emma offers a variety of VA services and coaching calls to help your food blog grow! Read more about Emma's VA services and coaching on our Services page.