Brooke & Emma
We’re so glad you’ve visited our blog! Let us introduce ourselves. We’re Brooke and Emma, the mother-daughter team behind Savor the Flavour.
Maybe you have noticed that our business name is spelled differently. Brooke’s grandparents were from the UK, and she grew up eating British-inspired desserts during the holidays. Emma has grown up eating delicious Southern food, which she loves, but she also enjoys learning about and baking British foods. The blog name is spelled half American and half Canadian to reflect our UK heritage, Canadian nationality, and American residence.
Brooke enjoys family cooking, and Emma likes to challenge her baking skills. We both develop recipes for the blog, and help each other cook and bake the recipes for the photos. Emma is the main photographer, and both of us select props and style the food for the photos. Brooke enjoys selecting the types of foods that are featured on the blog. We both love to travel and learn about food from other countries.
I’m a Canadian who was raised in the U.S. I like to spend my time taking photos, playing the piano, learning graphic design, and volunteering for local non-profits. Baking is one of my favorite activities, especially making bread, pastry, and fancy desserts. Most importantly, I love Jesus!
Here’s a little Q&A so you can get to know my food tastes better.
- Sweet or savory? Either one!
- Fruit or vegetables? Fruit.
- Tea or coffee? I like both.
- Favorite cuisine? Italian and British.
- Favorite kitchen tool? A digital scale.
- Favorite thing to bake? Bread.
I’m a home educator, mother of three, and a follower of Christ. Since I have a visual arts degree, I enjoy anything creative. I also love to entertain, volunteer, and spend time with my family in Georgia and Ontario.
- Main course or dessert? Main course.
- Orange juice or apple juice? Orange juice.
- Hot or cold beverages? Cold. Year round.
- Favorite spices? Oregano, thyme, basil, and parsley.
- Favorite meal of the day? Supper.
- Favorite pie? My Mom’s rhubarb cream pie.