As long as I can remember, I have loved eating sardines! Whether they’re spicy, lemony, tomatoey, or just in oil, I think they’re delicious right out of the can. I can remember eating them on crackers for lunch occasionally as a child. They were never Mom’s favorite, so she never made a point of serving them! 😉
Not only do I love sardines, but I also love tuna salad–so combining the two was a delicious idea, I thought! The addition of chopped pickles makes this sardine salad even better. 🥒 Even my non-sardine-loving Mom likes this salad. 👏
This salad can be whipped up in a whopping 15 minutes! Eat it as an appetizer on crackers, or spread it on bread for a lunchtime sandwich. It also tastes fantastic with a best-ever Caesar mocktail! 😍Print
Creamy sardine salad is a quick and easy recipe for a healthy, low carb appetizer or lunch! It has a delightful crunch from chopped celery, pickles, and onions and even a little hint of sriracha sauce.
- 1/4 cup dill pickles, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cans (3.75 ounces each) of sardines in oil
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 3/4 teaspoon sriracha (add more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Chop the pickles, celery, and onion into small pieces.
- Drain the sardines, place them in a medium bowl, and break them up with a fork.
- Stir in the mayo, sriracha, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and black pepper until well combined. Adjust the amount of sriracha to taste.
- Serve chilled with crackers as an appetizer or in a sandwich for lunch.