Craving something tart and sweet? You're in the right place. This amazing frozen cherry limeade has a slushie texture and lots of tangy lime flavor. Whip it up in a few minutes with only four simple ingredients!
Want to see our latest recipes? Subscribe to our email newsletter to get our latest recipes, fun food facts, food puns, and behind the scenes news about our blog.
This drink has four basic ingredients: frozen cherries, frozen limeade concentrate, sparkling water, and plain water. I decided to use the frozen concentrate to speed up the process and to add a delicious lime flavor. Make sure to use sweet dark cherries and not the sour ones for this recipe!
How to Make
Gather the ingredients. You'll need frozen whole cherries, lime Perrier, and frozen concentrated limeade. Have some fresh limes and maraschino cherries ready for garnishes later.
Add the frozen cherries and limeade to a blender. (You'll have to do this step in two or three batches if you don't have a powerful blender.)
Puree the frozen cherries and the frozen limeade until smooth, adding a splash of water as needed.
Stir in the sparkling lime Perrier. You should have 5 cups of the drink.
Pour the drink into a freezer friendly container with a lid. Freeze for 2 ½ hours, stirring halfway through.
Spoon the slushie drink into glasses and garnish with maraschino cherries and lime slices.
What is cherry limeade?
This drink is typically made from limeade (freshly made or concentrated) mixed with the juice from a can of maraschino cherries and a lemon-lime soda (like Sprite or 7-UP). This is a healthier version made from real cherries, frozen concentrated limeade, and sparkling water.
What does it taste like?
This drink definitely has a strong lime flavor, which brings a lot of tartness and a touch of bitterness. Sweetness comes from the cherries and from the sugar in the frozen limeade concentrate. It also has a slushie-like texture from being frozen.
Is cherry limeade a kind of soda?
Some sodas are flavored "cherry limeade," but this drink isn't a type of soda. The Sonic cherry limeade has Sprite or 7-UP as one of its ingredients, which is a type of soda. For this homemade recipe, I use sparkling water.
Does this drink contain caffeine?
No, this doesn't contain caffeine. It consists of lime juice, sugar, cherries, and water.
Does this contain red food coloring?
No, this drink doesn't contain dyes or artificial coloring. If you're allergic to dyes, make sure to use a real cherry as a garnish instead of maraschino ones.
Is this drink safe to have while pregnant?
Yes, this drink is absolutely safe to have if you're pregnant, since it does not contain alcohol. Make sure to enjoy it in moderation because it contains a lot of sugar.
Can I make this ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this in advance. Simply pour into a freezer-safe container, seal, and freeze until ready to serve. Let the drink thaw a little and break up any clumps with a fork, then enjoy a immediately.
- Use frozen pitted cherries and make sure they are not thawed.
- Can't find frozen limeade? Substitute with 1 cup of freshly squeezed lime juice and simple syrup to taste.
- Can't find lime Perrier? Use any sparkling water, such as San Pellegrino.
- In a hurry? Skip the freezing time and enjoy the drink immediately; it just won't have the slushie texture.
Other Frozen Drinks You'll Love
If you liked this recipe and found it helpful, give it some love by sharing!
Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook for more crave-worthy recipes!
The pleasure of a 5-star review would be greatly appreciated!
Frozen Cherry Limeade
- 4 cups frozen sweet cherries, pitted
- 12 fl oz frozen limeade concentrate
- ¼ cup water
- 8.75 fl oz lime Perrier
- Place the frozen cherries and the frozen limeade concentrate into a blender and puree with the water until smooth. Do this step in two or three batches if you don't have a powerful blender, adding extra water if needed.
- Stir the lime Perrier into the cherry limeade mixture and pour the liquid into a large, freezer-friendly container with a lid.
- Freeze the drink for 2 ½ hours, stirring halfway through. Spoon the slushie into glasses and garnish with a fresh lime slice and maraschino cherries. Enjoy immediately.
- Make sure you're using sweet, dark cherries with the pits removed.
- Substitute the frozen limeade with 1 cup of freshly squeezed lime juice and simple syrup to taste.
- Any sparkling water, such as San Pellegrino, will work in this recipe.
- You can save time by skipping the freezing, but this drink won't have the slushie texture that way.
Serving sizes and nutritional information are only an estimate and may vary from your results.
The sour lime and sweet cherries complement each other perfectly! Together, they have a wonderful flavor.
That's wonderful, Alex. Thanks for leaving a review!
The deep red color and zesty fragrance of this drink are great. The lime flavor with the cherries is divine. I especially enjoy the foam on top.
Glad you enjoyed it, Beth!