Need something refreshing on a hot day? Try this frozen strawberry lemonade, and you'll feel so much better. This simple, 4-ingredient drink takes only a few minutes to blend up, and soon you'll be sipping on something delicious.
Want to see our latest recipes? Subscribe to our email newsletter to get our latest recipes, fun food facts, food puns, and behind the scenes news about our blog.
Fortunately, this drink takes only 4 basic ingredients: frozen strawberries, lemon juice, sugar, and water. Make sure to use freshly squeezed juice for the best flavor. Feel free to use whole strawberries; there's no need to slice them.
What is strawberry lemonade?
It's a delightful combination of lemon juice, water, sugar, and pureed strawberries. The tart flavor of the lemon and the sweetness from the sugar really bring out the flavor of the strawberries. This drink is my favorite variation of lemonade because it's so pretty and refreshing.
Is it healthy?
As long as one enjoys it in moderation, this drink is healthy. It does contain large amounts of vitamin C--almost 1 ½ times the recommended daily value! Each serving contains 227 calories. For the full nutrition facts, scroll to the bottom of the recipe card.
Is pink lemonade the same as strawberry lemonade?
No, they aren't the same. Pink lemonade is simply regular lemonade with food coloring added, while strawberry lemonade actually has strawberries in it.
Can you freeze lemonade?
Yes, you can definitely freeze lemonade. Try freezing it in popsicles, or simply breaking the frozen lemonade into a slushie.
Can I make this ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this drink in advance. Freeze it in a large plastic tub with a lid for several hours, then take it out to thaw before enjoying. Break up clumps with a fork to give the drink a slushie texture.
How to Make
Gather the ingredients. You'll need frozen strawberries, freshly squeezed lemon juice, sugar, and water.
Dump the frozen strawberries, lemon juice, and sugar into a blender.
Blend until smooth, adding a little water if needed.
Taste the drink and adjust the amount of lemon juice and sugar to taste. Pour into glasses, garnish, and enjoy!
- Strawberry Mint Version: puree a handful of fresh mint leaves along with the strawberries.
- Lemon-Lime Version: substitute half of the lemon juice with freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Slushie Version: make the drink as described in the recipe card, then pour it into a clean ice cream tub and freeze it for 4-6 hours. Let it stand at room temperature and break up any clumps with a fork to give the drink a slushie texture. Serve immediately.
- Make sure the berries are fully frozen for a thick, slushie-like texture.
- Freshly squeeze your own lemon juice for the best taste.
- Adjust the sour-sweet balance to your taste by adding more lemon juice or sugar.
Other Delicious Summer Drinks
- The Best Virgin Strawberry Daiquiri
- Non-Alcoholic Strawberry Citrus Blush
- Non-Alcoholic Strawberry Margarita
- Hurricane Mocktail
- Cinderella Mocktail
Other Refreshing Lemonades
- Chick-fil-A Frozen Lemonade
- Mango Lemonade
- Cherry Lemonade
- Blueberry Lemonade
- Cherry Limeade
- Arnold Palmer Drink
If you liked this recipe and found it helpful, give it some love by sharing!
The pleasure of a 5-star review would be greatly appreciated!Print
Frozen strawberry lemonade is an easy nonalcoholic drink recipe that can be whipped up in minutes! Blend together lemon juice and frozen strawberries to get a refreshing treat with a slushie like texture. This drink has all the sweet and sour flavors that you love.
- 4 cups whole frozen strawberries (590g)
- 1 ½ cups freshly squeezed lemon juice (355 ml)
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar (133g)
- ½ cup water (120 ml)
- Squeeze the lemon juice with a wooden reamer. It's important to use freshly squeezed juice for the best flavor.
- Place frozen strawberries, lemon juice, and sugar into a blender and puree until smooth. If the blender is struggling, add some of the water as needed. You may need to divide the mixture into 2 or 3 batches if you're not using a powerful blender.
- Taste the drink and adjust the amount of lemon juice and sugar to taste.
- Serve immediately in sugar-rimmed glasses with a slice of strawberry, lemon wheel, and mint sprig.
- Be sure that the strawberries are thoroughly frozen and not thawed, or the drink will not be as thick.
- Want a slushy? Make the drink in advance and pour it into a clean emptied out ice cream tub. Freeze for 4-6 hours, then let it stand at room temperature to melt slightly. Break up any clumps with a fork, and enjoy immediately.
- How to Rim the Glasses: dip the rims in water or simple syrup, then twist them in granulated sugar. Feel free to use colored sugar or salt if you prefer.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: frozen lemonade, nonalcoholic drinks