We handpicked the products linked in this post. If you buy from one of these affiliate links, we may earn a small commission. Thanks for supporting Savor the Flavour!
This recipe was originally published on May 15, 2018.
With hot summer days almost upon us, the quest for cold, refreshing drinks is in earnest. ☀ Sometimes, that blazing summer heat makes you and I want to chill with a frozen virgin strawberry daiquiri in hand. Few things taste so sweet as a cold drink on a scorching day!
What I especially love about this virgin strawberry daiquiri is that it’s so thick and mildly sweet, with a strong strawberry flavor and just enough kick from the freshly squeezed lime juice. Plus, there’s a hint of rum extract to provide another depth of flavor.
All you need to make this virgin frozen strawberry daiquiri is 5 ingredients + the garnish, a knife, cutting board, and a blender. Your family and friends might be asking you for the recipe if you make it for the next summer BBQ, family gathering, or dinner party. It’s easy to learn how to make a homemade frozen strawberry daiquiri in your blender with just a few ingredients!
What goes in a strawberry daiquiri?
Most strawberry daiquiris contain a few basic ingredients.
- Fresh and/or frozen strawberries
- Lime juice
- Simple syrup
- Rum extract for non-alcoholic daiquiris
- Ice (optional)
Is strawberry daiquiri gluten free?
Yes, strawberry daiquiris are gluten free because they don’t contain wheat flour.
Non Alcoholic Strawberry Daiquiri Calories
The exact nutrition facts for non alcoholic strawberry daiquiri will vary depending on the ingredients you use. Each 12 fl oz daiquiri should be about 242 calories. Check the bottom of the recipe card below for additional nutrition facts.
How do you make a frozen strawberry daiquiri?
The best way to make a frozen strawberry daiquiri is to use frozen strawberries instead of ice. If you simply added ice, it would dilute the flavor, which wouldn’t be ideal. Using frozen berries instead gives the drink a thick texture and ups the strawberry flavor. 🍓 Here’s some tips for making a frozen strawberry daiquiri in a blender:
- Use a powerful blender. The weaker motors of old blenders can’t handle large amounts of frozen fruit at once.
- Blend all the other ingredients before adding the frozen strawberries. This ensures an even mix.
- Add the frozen strawberries in two or three additions, depending on the power of your blender.
- Start blending on low speed, then turn to high. If you go to high immediately, it could damage the blender blades.
- Blend just long enough to mix the ingredients. Blending for too long will chop up the ice crystals, making the drink more runny.
How do you keep daiquiris frozen?
- Pour the daiquiri into the desired glasses and place in the freezer.
- A couple minutes before you serve the daiquiris, take them out and use a fork to break up the daiquiri.
- If they’re frozen really hard, wait 10 minutes or so and try again.
How to Hull Fresh Strawberries
Nobody likes that woody piece of stem, called a calyx, that’s at the top of each strawberry. Fortunately, there’s an easy way to remove it with a sharp paring knife.
- Step 1: Rinse the strawberries.
- Step 2: Insert a sharp paring knife in the white part at the top of the strawberry.
- Step 3: Keep the knife at the same angle and turn the strawberry to cut out the stem and leaves. Now you have a perfectly hulled strawberry!
How to Make Non Alcoholic Strawberry Daiquiri
Gather the ingredients you need: frozen strawberries, fresh strawberries, lime juice, simple syrup, and rum extract.
Puree the fresh strawberries, then mix in the lime juice, simple syrup, and rum extract.
Blend in the frozen strawberries, then taste and adjust the lime juice, rum extract, or simple syrup if desired.
Pour the strawberry daiquiri into 12-ounce hurricane glasses and garnish with a slice of lime and strawberry. Enjoy while it’s frozen!
Pro Tips for Virgin Strawberry Daiquiri
- Use both fresh and frozen strawberries for the best combination of flavor and texture.
- Don’t let the frozen strawberries defrost for long, or the drink won’t be as thick and icy.
- There’s no need to buy simple syrup; make your own in just a few minutes. Stir together 1 cup of granulated sugar (200g) and 1 cup of water (236 ml) in a small saucepan set over medium-high heat until the sugar has dissolved. Chill the syrup in the fridge or freezer until cool, then use.
- Make the simple syrup ahead of time and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Don’t skip the freshly squeezed lime juice; the bottled kind doesn’t taste as good.
- Warm up the limes briefly in the microwave to help you extract the maximum juice.
- Want to make the strawberry daiquiri ahead of time? Pour the daiquiri into a pitcher or glasses and freeze. Let the daiquiri thaw a little and stir until smooth, then pour into glasses and serve.
Our Go-To Kitchen Tools for this Recipe
- Amici Hurricane Glasses: these beautiful glasses are perfect for fancy drinks.
- Bamboo Citrus Reamer: this handy tool makes juicing limes a breeze.
- Emeril Lagasse 1-Quart Saucepan: we’ve loved this saucepan and the others in the set for years.
- Measuring Spoons: we use these measuring spoons every day! Definitely a good purchase.
Lovin’ this virgin strawberry daiquiri recipe? Sip on these other fabulous drinks throughout the summer.
- Non Alcoholic Piña Colada: instantly travel to the tropics with just one sip of this easy drink.
- Non Alcoholic Strawberry Citrus Blush: a delightful strawberry drink recipe made with sparkling water.
- Easy Lime and Mint Refresher: an ultra-refreshing twist on limeade that’s a perfect drink to serve for company.
Did you make this virgin strawberry daiquiri recipe? Please leave a star rating in the comments below to share how you enjoyed it.Print
Are you looking for the best virgin strawberry daiquiri you’ll ever taste? Here’s the answer! This non alcoholic strawberry drink recipe is the ultimate frozen drink to enjoy this summer. It’s easy to make in your blender with just a few ingredients, and it’s sure to be a favorite treat for kids, teens, and party guests.
- 4 cups frozen strawberries (470g)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced (136g)
- 1 cup simple syrup, chilled
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 fresh lime, thinly sliced (for garnish)
- Rinse, hull, and slice the strawberries until you have 1 cup (136g). Squeeze the fresh lime juice and slice a fresh lime for the garnish.
- Pull out the frozen strawberries from the freezer and let them thaw just for a minute or two.
- Place the fresh strawberries, simple syrup, lime juice, and rum extract in a blender and blend until very smooth, then gradually blend in the frozen strawberries until no chunks remain.
- Pour the strawberry daiquiri into hurricane glasses and garnish the rims with fresh lime and strawberry slices. Serve immediately.
- Don’t have simple syrup in your fridge? Just pour 1 cup of granulated sugar (198g) and 1 cup of water (236 ml) into a small saucepan and stir together over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved, then pour into a measuring jug with a spout and chill until cooled.
- The pleasure of a 5-star review for this virgin strawberry daiquiri would be greatly appreciated.
- Category: Beverages
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: strawberry daiquiri recipe, strawberry daiquiri, non alcoholic drink recipes