With hot summer days almost upon us, the quest for cold, refreshing drinks is in earnest. ☀ At least here in coastal Georgia, it can get pretty hot in the summer–like 95-100 F. And do I need to even mention the heat index?!? 😉 Sometimes, that blazing summer heat makes you and I want to chill with a frozen virgin strawberry daiquiri in hand. (And a quaint paper straw, if we feel like it.) Few things taste so sweet as a cold drink on a scorching day!
What I especially love about this virgin strawberry daiquiri is that it’s so thick and mildly sweet, with a strong strawberry flavor and just enough kick from the freshly squeezed lime juice. Plus, there’s a hint of rum extract to provide another depth of flavor. Why use both fresh and frozen strawberries, though? Using ice would dilute the flavor of the drink, but using frozen berries instead gives the drink a thick texture and ups the strawberry flavor. 🍓 Can’t go wrong with more strawberries, you guys!
All you need to make this virgin frozen strawberry daiquiri is 5 ingredients + the garnish, a knife, cutting board, and a blender. Simple to make, and fun to enjoy. Your family and friends might be asking you for the recipe if you make it for the next summer BBQ, family gathering, or dinner party. Why not be the hostess with the mostess?
- Use both fresh and frozen strawberries for the best combination of flavor and texture.
- There’s no need to buy simple syrup; make your own in just a few minutes. Stir together 1 cup of granulated sugar (200g) and 1 cup of water (236 ml) in a small saucepan set over medium-high heat until the sugar has dissolved. Chill the syrup in the fridge or freezer until cool, then use.
- Make the simple syrup ahead of time and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Don’t skip the freshly squeezed lime juice; the bottled kind doesn’t taste as good.
- Want to make the strawberry daiquiri ahead of time? Pour the daiquiri into a pitcher and freeze. Let the daiquiri thaw a little and stir until smooth, then pour into glasses and serve.
Lovin’ this virgin strawberry daiquiri recipe? Sip on these other fabulous drinks throughout the summer.
- Non Alcoholic Piña Colada: instantly travel to the tropics with just one sip of this easy drink.
- Non Alcoholic Strawberry Citrus Blush: a delightful strawberry drink recipe made with sparkling water.
- Easy Lime and Mint Refresher: an ultra-refreshing twist on limeade that’s a perfect drink to serve for company.
Did you make this virgin strawberry daiquiri recipe? Please leave a star rating in the comments below to share how you enjoyed it.Print
Are you looking for the best virgin strawberry daiquiri you’ll ever taste? Here’s the answer! This non alcoholic strawberry drink recipe is the ultimate frozen drink to enjoy this summer. It’s easy to make in your blender with just a few ingredients, and it’s sure to be a favorite treat for kids, teens, and party guests.
- 4 cups frozen strawberries (470g)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced (136g)
- 1 cup simple syrup, chilled
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 fresh lime, thinly sliced (for garnish)
Making the Strawberry Daiquiri (20 minutes)
- Measure out the frozen strawberries and allow them to sit out on the counter to thaw a little while you prepare the other components of the drink.
- Rinse, hull, and slice the strawberries until you have 1 cup (136g). Squeeze the fresh lime juice and slice a fresh lime for the garnish.
- Place the fresh strawberries, simple syrup, lime juice, and rum extract in a blender and blend until very smooth, then gradually blend in the frozen strawberries until no chunks remain.
- Pour the strawberry daiquiri into hurricane glasses and garnish the rims with fresh lime and strawberry slices. Serve immediately.
Don’t have simple syrup in your fridge? Just pour 1 cup of granulated sugar (198g) and 1 cup of water (236 ml) into a small saucepan and stir together over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved, then pour into a measuring jug with a spout and chill until cooled.
- Category: Beverages
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: strawberry daiquiri recipe, strawberry daiquiri, non alcoholic drink recipes