What can be more refreshing than a frozen drink on a hot day? ☀🍹 It’s so nice to relax with a delicious watermelon slushie mocktail in hand! But hey, it’s surprisingly simple to make a slushie. All you need is a few simple ingredients and a blender!
Start with frozen, cubed watermelon, lime juice, sugar, and frozen strawberries.
Blend the strawberries, sugar, and lime juice together; then gradually blend in the watermelon until smooth. So simple, yet so tasty. 😋
Pro Tips for an Awesome Watermelon Slushie
- Use frozen watermelon instead of ice. This gives you the maxiumum flavor, while keeping the drink cold.
- Adjust the sugar and lime juice to taste. Every watermelon tastes different, so adjust the flavorings to your tastebuds.
- Store the drinks in the freezer. These slushies melt quickly, so it’s best to store them in the freezer until you’re ready to serve them. Just make sure to break up any frozen pieces with a spoon before serving.
How do you make a slushie?
For this watermelon slushie, just blend together all the ingredients until smooth. You can also make the slushies ahead of time, and just store them in the freezer until needed. Break up the frozen slushie with a spoon until smooth, then serve.
How do you make watermelon juice?
Watermelon juice is one of the key ingredients in this frozen summer drink! Getting watermelon juice is super easy: just purée fresh watermelon in a blender or food processor until smooth. If you want to drink the watermelon juice by itself, you can pour the juice through a sieve to remove the pulp.
Lovin’ this watermelon slushie mocktail? You’ll want to try these other drinks, too.
- Non Alcoholic Piña Colada: travel to the tropics with just a sip of this creamy beverage.
- The Best Virgin Strawberry Daiquiri You’ll Ever Taste: celebrate the weekend with this sweet and tangy drink.
- Copycat Chick-fil-A Frozen Lemonade: all you need is lemonade and ice cream to make this delicious summer drink.
Did you make this watermelon slushie? Please leave a recipe review below and share how you liked it!Print
Watermelon slushie mocktail is a healthy-ish drink recipe your family will love! Frozen watermelon, lime juice, sugar, and frozen strawberries blend together to create this refreshing, nonalcoholic summer drink.
- 5 2/3 cups watermelon, cubed (1.1kg)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries (118g)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (100g)
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (79 ml)
Cutting & Freezing the Watermelon (10 minutes prep + 2 1/2 hours freezing)
- Slice half of a large watermelon, discarding the rinds and seeds. Cube up 5 2/3 cups of watermelon (1.1 kg) and spread it out in a single layer on a small cookie sheet. Freeze for at least 1 hour, but preferably 2 1/2 hours.
Making the Watermelon Slushie (5 minutes)
- Once the watermelon is frozen, blend together the frozen strawberries, sugar, and lime juice in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Gradually add the frozen watermelon and blend until smooth. Adjust the sugar and lime juice to taste. Serve immediately, or pour into a pitcher and store in the freezer until ready to serve.
- If the slushie is too thick, add a little water or additional lime juice.
- If the slushie isn’t thick enough, freeze it for an hour or two; then break up the icy clumps until smooth.
- This drink melts very quickly, so store it in the freezer until ready to serve.
- Category: Beverages
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: watermelon slushie, mocktail