We handpicked the products and tools linked in this post. If you buy from one of these affiliate links, we may earn a small commission.
If you love the taste of ginger, you’ll want to make this ginger beer mocktail with lime. It’s quick, tasty, and healthy.
Want to see our latest recipes? Subscribe to our email newsletter to get our latest recipes, fun food facts, food puns, and behind the scenes news about our blog.
Is this drink healthy?
Yes, it is healthier compared to other carbonated drinks. It’s also a popular way to consume more ginger.
Is it good for your stomach?
Ginger beer contains ginger root, which soothes an upset stomach, and can also help reduce nausea.
Is this good for a sore throat?
Yes, it can be good for a sore throat. Make sure that it is chilled and has natural ginger as an ingredient.
What’s the difference between ginger beer and ginger ale?
- It is stronger tasting and spicer.
- It has less carbonation.
- It is brewed and fermented, but is nonalcoholic.
- It beer has a more gingery flavor.
- It is made with fresh ginger root, sugar, and yeast.
How to Make
Start by prepping all the ingredients. Squeeze the lime juice and mix the sugar and cinnamon together.
To decorate the rim, dip the glass in water first, then in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Carefully pour in the maple syrup, orange juice, simple syrup, lime juice, and orange bitters.
Stir, then pour in the carbonated drink.
Slowly stir everything together.
Add one or two ice cubes.
Add the finishing touch: a lime wheel on the rim of the glass.
- Don’t substitute ginger ale. It will reduce the flavor significantly.
- Does it taste too strong? Add more orange juice.
- Want to use a cocktail shaker? Put all the ingredients in, except the carbonated drink. Shake, then strain into glass.
- Want to make it ahead for a party? Put all the ingredients, except the carbonated drink in a pitcher. See notes for increased quantities.
- Cock ‘n Bull Ginger Beer: this authentic drink is a great mixer for a flavorful beverage.
- Orange Angostura Bitters: take your mocktails to the next level with a dash of Angostura.
- Faberware Measuring Spoons: these beautiful measuring spoons are easy to use.
- Anchor Glass Prep Bowls: store prepped ingredients in these pretty glass bowls.
- Bamboo Citrus Reamer: this handy device squeezes lots of juice from citrus fruits.
These other refreshing mocktails will be a hit.
The pleasure of a 5 star review would be greatly appreciated.Print
Ginger beer mocktail with lime is a nonalcoholic drink that has distinctive health benefits. This easy drink is best for teens and adults. It’s a delicious and nutritious drink that is quick to make and is great for a party.
For an Individual Drink
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (30 ml)
- 1/4 cup orange juice, chilled (60 ml)
- 3 tablespoons simple syrup, chilled (45 ml)
- 1/4 teaspoon Angostura orange bitters
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (22 ml)
- 1/2 cup Cock ‘n Bull ginger beer, chilled (118 ml)
For the Rim & Garnish
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 lime wheel
- 2 ice cubes
- Decorate the rim of the glass. Pour the water into a small bowl. In another bowl, mix together the white sugar and cinnamon. Dip the rim in the water, then twirl it in the sugar mixture.
- To build the drink in the glass, carefully pour in all the ingredients except the carbonated drink. Stir then top off with the ginger beer. Gently stir.
- To make the drink in a pitcher, stir together all the ingredients except the carbonated drink, and refrigerate until ready to serve. To assemble, fill each glass half full with the top off with ginger beer and gently stir.
- Garnish each glass with a lime wheel and an ice cube.
- To make this for 8 people, use 1 cup maple syrup, 2 cups orange juice, 3/4 cup simple syrup, 2 teaspoons Angostura orange bitters, 1 cup lime juice (from 8-10 limes), and 4 cups of ginger beer.
- To make the simple syrup, 1 cup each of granulated sugar and water to a small pot. Stir over medium high heat until the sugar has dissolved. Pour into a container and cool in the freezer for 10 minutes before using. Any leftovers can be stored in a mason jar in the fridge.
- To make this for a small child, add more orange juice to their glass to reduce the spiciness..
- Category: Beverages
- Method: Chilled
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: ginger beer, fall drinks, non alcoholic