If you love the taste of ginger, you’ll want to make this ginger beer mocktail with lime. It’s quick, tasty, and healthy.
Is ginger beer healthy?
Yes, it is healthier compared to other carbonated drinks. It’s a popular way to consume more ginger.
Is ginger beer good for your stomach?
Ginger beer contains ginger root, which soothes an upset stomach. The ginger root can also help reduce nausea.
Is ginger beer good for a sore throat?
Yes, it can be good for a sore throat. Make sure that the ginger beer is chilled and has natural ginger as an ingredient.
What’s the difference between ginger beer and ginger ale?
- Ginger beer is stronger tasting and spicer.
- Ginger beer has less carbonation.
- Ginger beer is brewed and fermented, but is nonalcoholic.
- Ginger beer has a more gingery flavor.
- Ginger beer is made with fresh ginger root, sugar, and yeast.
How to Make a Ginger Beer Mocktail
Start by prepping all the ingredients. Squeeze the lime juice and mix the sugar and cinnamon together.
To decorate the rim, dip the glass in water first, then in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Carefully pour in the maple syrup, orange juice, simple syrup, lime juice, and orange bitters.
Stir, then pour in the ginger beer.
Slowly stir everything together.
Add one or two ice cubes.
Add the finishing touch: a lime wheel on the rim of the glass.
This drink is quick and easy to make. Enjoy sipping on one tonight!
- Don’t substitute ginger ale for the ginger beer in this drink. It will reduce the ginger flavor significantly.
- If you find the ginger beer taste too strong, add more orange juice.
- Want to use a cocktail shaker? Put all the ingredients in, except the ginger beer. Shake, then strain into glass.
- Want to make it ahead for a party? Put all the ingredients, except the ginger beer, in a pitcher. See notes for increased quantities.
These other refreshing mocktails will be a hit with your family and friends.
- Caramel Apple Mocktail: buttery caramel sauce, spicy ginger beer, and sweet apple cider make this drink a real treat.
- Cranberry Apple Cider Mocktail: a pretty drink with the tartness of cranberries and hints of citrus.
- Easy Lime and Mint Refresher: you’ll want a refill on this sweet-and-tart drink.
Did you make this orange ginger beer mocktail? Please leave a recipe rating below to share how you enjoyed it.Print
Ginger beer mocktail with lime is a nonalcoholic drink that has distinctive health benefits. This easy drink is best for teens and adults. It’s a delicious and nutritious drink that is quick to make and is great for a party.
For an Individual Drink
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (30 ml)
- 1/4 cup orange juice, chilled (60 ml)
- 3 tablespoons simple syrup, chilled (45 ml)
- 1/4 teaspoon Angostura orange bitters
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (22 ml)
- 1/2 cup ginger beer, chilled (118 ml)
For the Rim & Garnish
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 lime wheel
- 2 ice cubes
- Decorate the rim of the glass. Pour the water into a small bowl. In another bowl, mix together the white sugar and cinnamon. Dip the rim in the water, then twirl it in the sugar mixture.
- To build the drink in the glass, carefully pour in all the ingredients except the ginger beer. Stir then top off with the ginger beer. Gently stir.
- To make the drink in a pitcher, stir together all the ingredients except the ginger beer, and refrigerate until ready to serve. To assemble, fill each glass half full with the top off with ginger beer and gently stir.
- Garnish each glass with a lime wheel and an ice cube.
- To make this for 8 people, use 1/2 cup maple syrup, 2 cups orange juice, 3/4 cup simple syrup, 2 teaspoons Angostura orange bitters, 1 cup lime juice (from 8-10 limes), and 4 cups of ginger beer.
- To make the simple syrup, 1 cup each of granulated sugar and water to a small pot. Stir over medium high heat until the sugar has dissolved. Pour into a container and cool in the freezer for 10 minutes before using. Any leftovers can be stored in a mason jar in the fridge.
- To make this for a small child, add more orange juice to their glass to reduce the spiciness of the ginger beer.
- Category: Beverages
- Method: Chilled
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: ginger beer, fall drinks, non alcoholic