We handpicked the products and tools linked in this post. If you buy from one of these affiliate links, we may earn a small commission. Thanks for supporting Savor the Flavour!
Looking for a drink to mark the seasonal transition from summer to fall? Caramel apple mocktail is not only a showstopping non alcoholic sweet treat, but it’s also quick to assemble. Soon, you can be chillin’ with your new favorite fall beverage!
👩🏻🍳 Want to see our latest recipes? Subscribe to our email newsletter to get our latest recipes, fun food facts, food puns, and behind the scenes news about our blog.
Is ginger beer alcoholic?
No, it’s more like a very strong ginger soda, but it’s shouldn’t be substituted with ginger ale. Ginger beer is made with ginger juice and ginger extract and has a strong ginger taste. It’s meant to be mixed with other ingredients to make it more palatable, but if you choose to drink it plain, it definitely packs a punch with its zippy zing.
How should the glassware rim be decorated for this fall drink?
- dipped in caramel sauce
- dipped in caramel sauce, then in demerara sugar
- dipped in apple cider, then in turbinado sugar
- dipped in apple cider, then in a cinnamon sugar mixture
What kind of garnishes are popular for this fall drink?
- cinnamon stick resting on the top of the rim
- thin slices of tart apple floating in the drink
- cinnamon stick through the core of a whole apple slice resting on the rim
- fanned apple slices (thinly sliced but still attached at the base and fanned out)
Can I make this ahead for a dinner party?
Yes–just remember to increase the ingredients because the recipe below is for one glass. The ratio for the caramel apple mocktail is 2:2:1. This means it’s equal parts apple cider and ginger beer with half as much homemade caramel sauce.
- Up to two days ahead, make the homemade caramel sauce. Let it cool, pour into a glass jar, and refrigerate.
- On the day of the party, decorate the rims of the glasses, and prepare the cinnamon stick garnish (one per glass).
- Warm up the caramel syrup in the microwave, then mix it with the cold apple cider in a glass pitcher. Stir until well combined, then refrigerate.
- Just before serving, stir the apple cider caramel mixture in case there was any settling.
- Pour the apple cider caramel mixture in each glass until half full, then top up with the sparkling ginger beer. Stir each glass with a long-handled spoon and top with a cinnamon stick.
How do you make a caramel apple mocktail?
Start by making the homemade caramel sauce. (Click here to find out how.) Then measure out all your ingredients.
Next, dip the rim of the glass in caramel sauce.
Then take the plunge into the demerara sugar.
Pour the warm caramel sauce into the glass.
Add the cold apple cider.
Finish off with the sparkling ginger beer.
Carefully stir until well combined with a long-handled spoon.
Garnish with a cinnamon stick and serve immediately.
- Take the time to make the homemade caramel sauce. It has a rich, buttery flavor you just can’t get from store-bought caramel sauce.
- Keep the apple cider and ginger beer cold until you’re ready to mix the drink.
- Experiment with different rim flavors. Try two different kinds for a dinner party and see which one is more popular.
- The ratio for this drink is 2:2:1. (apple cider, ginger beer, caramel sauce)
- Don’t substitute ginger ale for the ginger beer; its flavor isn’t strong enough.
Ready to try a cold drink to celebrate the arrival of fall? I encourage you to make this sweet treat for your family tonight.
Have a taste of autumn with these other special drinks.
- Mulled Apple Cider: this richly spiced drink is the perfect drink for Thanksgiving dinner.
- Salted Caramel Mocha: a special coffee drink with warm caramel and hints of chocolate.
- Pumpkin Spice Latte: learn how to make a Starbucks-quality latte at home with real food ingredients.
We’d love to hear your thoughts on this caramel apple mocktail! Drop a comment below to leave a recipe rating.Print
Caramel apple mocktail is a showstopping nonalcoholic drink recipe for kids and adults to enjoy. It’s a sweet treat made with homemade caramel sauce, cold apple cider, and sparkling ginger beer. The decorated rim of caramel and sugar with the cinnamon stick garnish makes this autumn party drink perfect for the Thanksgiving holidays.
For the Rim
- 1/3 cup homemade caramel sauce, warmed
- 1/3 cup demerara sugar
For the Drink
- 2 ounces homemade caramel sauce, warmed (1/4 cup)
- 7 ounces apple cider, chilled
- 7 ounces ginger beer, chilled
For the Garnish
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Dip the rim of the glass in the caramel sauce, then dip it in the demerara sugar.
- Pour the warm caramel sauce into the glass, then the apple cider and finish with the ginger beer. Stir until well combined.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick. Serve immediately.
- Warm caramel sauce will dissolve quicker than cold caramel sauce.
- The ratios are 2:2:1 for the apple cider, ginger beer, and caramel sauce.
- Cutting the caramel sauce in half will lower the calories by 200.
- 👩🏻🍳 Want to see our latest recipes? Subscribe to our email newsletter to get our latest recipes, fun food facts, food puns, and behind the scenes news about our blog.
- Category: Beverages
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Apple cider, caramel, fall drinks