We handpicked the products and tools linked in this post. If you buy from one of these affiliate links, we may earn a small commission. Thanks for supporting Savor the Flavour!
We handpicked the products linked in this post. If you buy from one of these affiliate links, we may earn a small commission. Thanks for supporting Savor the Flavour!
We’re big fans of non alcoholic daiquiris! This frozen virgin mango daiquiri is no exception–it’s sweet and fruity, making it a refreshing choice for a hot Friday afternoon. It only takes 4 simple ingredients and a few minutes to throw together!
What’s a non alcoholic mango daiquiri?
A non alcoholic mango daiquiri is made from pureed mangoes, lime juice, simple syrup, and rum extract. It’s a fun and fruity drink typically served in hurricane glasses and garnished with a maraschino cherry or fresh strawberry.
How much sugar is in a mango daiquiri?
There is 73.6 grams of sugar per 15 fl oz of mango daiquiri. My frozen mangoes weren’t very sweet, so I had to add a lot of simple syrup. If yours are sweeter, you won’t need to add that much simple syrup.
Variations and Substitutions
- Mango: try adding some frozen pineapple chunks or frozen strawberries to change up the flavor.
- Lime Juice: you could try a half-and-half blend of fresh lime juice and fresh lemon juice.
- Simple Syrup: a liquid sweetener such as honey or agave nectar would be a good substitute.
- Rum Extract: feel free to leave this out if you want.
How to Make Mango Daiquiris Ahead of Time
- Prep all the ingredients in advance, then blend the drink just before serving.
- Alternatively, you can make the daiquiri completely and just freeze it until ready to serve. Let it defrost a little at room temperature, then stir it with a fork.
How to Make Frozen Virgin Mango Daiquiri
Pour 2 cups (400g) of granulated sugar and 2 cups (472 ml) of water in a saucepan. Stir over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved, then chill until cold.
You’ll need 5 cups of frozen mango chunks, 1 cup of lime juice, 1 2/3 cups simple syrup, and 1/2 teaspoon of rum extract.
Puree the frozen mango chunks, adding a little water if necessary. Blend in the remaining ingredients until smooth.
If the drink isn’t thick enough for you, blend in 1-2 cups of crushed ice.
Pour into three 15-ounce hurricane glasses and garnish with a maraschino cherry, mint sprig, and a paper umbrella. Enjoy!
Pro Tips for Making Frozen Virgin Mango Daiquiri
- Use freshly squeezed lime juice. The bottled juice doesn’t taste as good as freshly squeezed. It’s definitely worth the extra time to do it yourself.
- Make the simple syrup well in advance. Simple syrup keeps for up to a week in the fridge. Use it when it’s cold.
- You may need to add a little water while pureeing the mangoes. This is especially true if you’re using a less powerful blender.
- Adjust the amount of lime juice and simple syrup to taste. Everyone’s frozen mango will be different, I used Publix brand, so you’ll need to adjust the flavors.
- Blend crushed ice into the daiquiri for a thicker texture. Start with 1 cup, then add another.
- Make the daiquiri ahead of time. Pour the drink into a freezer-safe pitcher and freeze until needed. Take the daiquiri out of the freezer 10-20 minutes before serving and break up any clumps with a fork.
Our Go-To Kitchen Tools for Frozen Virgin Mango Daiquiri
- Emeril Lagasse 1-Quart Saucepan: this small pan is convenient for making simple syrup.
- Bamboo Citrus Reamer: this hand-held tool is the most effective way to juice limes.
- 4-Cup Measuring Cup: this jug is great for measuring and pouring liquids.
- Measuring Spoons: we have enjoyed using these measuring spoons for years!
- Amici Hurricane Glasses: these beautiful glasses will make your daiquiri look gorgeous.
Want a refill on pretty mocktails? Check out these great recipes.
- Virgin Peach Daiquiri: a sweet and delicious way to enjoy fresh peaches in the summer.
- The Best Virgin Strawberry Daiquiri: strawberries and limes make this drink quite delightful.
- Non Alcoholic Piña Colada: this refreshing blend of pineapple and coconut is the taste of the tropics.
The pleasure of a 5-star review for this frozen virgin mango daiquiri would be greatly appreciated.Print
This easy recipe for frozen virgin mango daiquiri is quick to make in your blender! Just puree frozen mangoes with lime juice, simple syrup, and rum extract, and you’ll be chilling with this pretty drink in no time.
For the Drink
- 5 cups frozen mango chunks (700g)
- 1/2–1 cup filtered water, optional (118–236 ml)
- 1 2/3 cups simple syrup (392 ml)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (236 ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract (2.5 ml)
For the Garnish
- 3 maraschino cherries
- 3 sprigs of fresh mint
- 3 paper cocktail umbrellas
- Squeeze the juice from 6-7 large limes to get 1 cup (236 ml).
- Puree the frozen mango chunks in a blender, adding 1/2-1 cup of filtered water if needed.
- Blend in the simple syrup, lime juice, and rum extract until smooth. Taste and add more lime juice or simple syrup if desired.
- Pour the daiquiris into three 15-ounce hurricane glasses. Cut a slit in the bottom of three maraschino cherries with stems and sit them on the edges of the glasses. Insert a mint sprig and a paper umbrella in each drink. Serve immediately.
- Make your own simple syrup by placing 2 cups (400g) of granulated sugar and 2 cups (472 ml) of water in a saucepan. Stir over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved, then chill until needed.
- The pleasure of a 5 star review for this Frozen Virgin Mango Daiquiri would be greatly appreciated.
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mango daiquiri, frozen mango daiquiri, mango daiquiri non alcoholic