We handpicked the products and tools linked in this post. If you buy from one of these affiliate links, we may earn a small commission.
Spring is a special season–a time of rejuvenation after a long, cold winter. It’s so exciting to see the blossoming flowers, and the budding green leaves. With the world turning green, it makes me want to eat and drink some spring food, like this easy lime and mint refresher.
Want to see our latest recipes? Subscribe to our email newsletter to get our latest recipes, fun food facts, food puns, and behind the scenes news about our blog.
What is lime and mint refresher?
This drink is a sweet and tangy combination of freshly squeezed lime juice, mint simple syrup, plain simple syrup, and sparkling mineral water. It’s definitely a refreshing drink for spring and summer!
What’s the best way to juice a lime?
- Cut it in half crosswise.
- Place the halves on a plate and microwave for 30-45 seconds. This softens the limes, making it easier to squeeze the juice.
- Push a citrus reamer into the center of the fruit and twist to extract the juice.
- Pour the juice through a sieve to remove any pulp and seeds.
Can I make this drink ahead of time?
Yes, you can make it ahead of time. Just stir together all the ingredients except the sparkling water and refrigerate until needed. Stir in the sparkling water just before serving.
How to Make a Pitcher
- Mix together 2 cups plain simple syrup, 1/2 cup infused syrup, and 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Gently stir in 5 1/3 cups of sparkling mineral water, then serve immediately.
- Garnish each glass as desired.
Whether you’re braving another cold spring day or enjoying the warm breezes on the porch, you can sip on one of these drinks and praise God for His blessing of springtime.
How to Make
Pour 1 cup granulated sugar and 1 cup of water into a saucepan. Place over medium heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Add 1/2 cup of chopped fresh mint and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Cover and steep for 1 hour.
Gather the rest of the ingredients. You’ll need plain simple syrup, sparkling mineral water, lime juice, and the steeped syrup. Cut some citrus slices and cucumber pieces for the garnish.
Mix together the two simple syrups and the juice. Add a few ice cubes.
Top up with sparkling mineral water and gently stir to combine.
Garnish and enjoy!
- Simple Syrup: you can use honey, agave nectar, or some other mild-flavored liquid sweetener.
- Lime Juice: if you’re in a pinch, you can use the bottled juice. Just be aware that it won’t taste the same as freshly squeezed.
- Mineral Water: try club soda or Sprite.
- Let the mint simple syrup steep for an hour. This gives it a beautiful flavor.
- Chill the sparkling water. This will help keep the drink cold.
- Use freshly squeezed juice. The bottled kind doesn’t taste as good.
- Make the drink ahead of time. Just add the sparkling water just before serving.
- Emeril Lagasse Saucepan: the 1-quart size of this heavy bottomed saucepan is really convenient.
- Bamboo Citrus Reamer: squeezing limes is made easy with this handheld citrus reamer.
- Glass Measuring Cup: mix and pour in this thick glass measuring cup.
- Measuring Spoons: we’ve loved using these measuring spoons for years!
Other Non-Alcoholic Drinks You’ll Love
- Grapefruit & Ginger Fizz
- Frozen Lime Margarita
- Ginger Beer Mocktail
- Strawberry Daiquiri
- Hurricane Mocktail
The pleasure of a 5-star review would be greatly appreciated.Print
Easy lime and mint refresher is a non alcoholic beverage made with lime juice, simple syrup, mint syrup, and sparkling mineral water. It’s an easy drink recipe that will please guests at a summer party, Easter brunch, or baby shower.
For the Mint Syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200g)
- 1 cup filtered water (236 ml)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
For Each Drink
- 1/4 cup simple syrup, chilled
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon mint syrup
- Sparkling mineral water, chilled
- 1 slice of cucumber, quartered
- 1 sprig of fresh mint
- 1 lime wheel
Making the Infused Syrup (10 min + 1 hour steeping)
- Pour the sugar and water into a medium saucepan and stir together over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer, then add the chopped mint and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat, cover, and let steep at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Strain out the leaves and let it chill until needed.
Making the Drink (10 minutes)
- Combine 1/4 cup simple syrup, 1 tablespoon lime juice, and 1 tablespoon infused syrup in the glass, then top with about 2/3 cup of sparkling mineral water. Stir gently to combine.
- Garnish with a slice of cucumber cut into fourths and a sprig of fresh mint. Place a citrus wheel on the rim of the glass and serve immediately.
- Let the syrup steep for at least 1 hour for a strong mint flavor.
- Chill the ingredients to eliminate the need for ice.
- Squeeze your own juice for the freshest flavor.
- Feel free to change up the flavor by adding extra mint syrup or lime juice to taste.
- Make Ahead: stir together all the ingredients, except the sparkling water, and refrigerate. Just before serving, add the sparkling water and garnishes.
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lime and mint refresher, mocktail, non alcoholic
This post was originally published on April 12, 2018.