We handpicked the products and tools linked in this post. If you buy from one of these affiliate links, we may earn a small commission. Thanks for supporting Savor the Flavour!
This post was originally published on April 12, 2018.
Spring is a special season–a time of rejuvenation after a long, cold winter. It’s so exciting to see the blossoming flowers, and the budding green leaves. With the world turning green, it makes me want to eat and drink some spring food, like this easy lime and mint refresher.
What is lime and mint refresher?
Lime and mint refresher is a sweet and tangy combination of freshly squeezed lime juice, mint simple syrup, plain simple syrup, and sparkling mineral water. I like to garnish it with a lime wheel, cucumber pieces, and a mint sprig. It’s definitely a refreshing drink for spring and summer!
Variations & Substitutions
- Mint Simple Syrup: use bottled mint syrup if you need to. It won’t taste the same as homemade, though.
- Simple Syrup: you can use honey, agave nectar, or some other mild-flavored liquid sweetener.
- Lime Juice: if you’re in a pinch, you can use the bottled lime juice. Just be aware that it won’t taste the same as freshly squeezed.
- Mineral Water: try club soda or Sprite.
What’s the best way to juice a lime?
- Cut the lime in half crosswise.
- Place the lime halves on a plate and microwave for 30-45 seconds. This softens the limes, making it easier to squeeze the juice.
- Push a citrus reamer into the center of the lime and twist the fruit to extract the juice.
- Pour the juice through a sieve to remove any pulp and seeds.
Can I make lime and mint refresher ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the lime and mint refresher ahead of time. Just stir together the lime juice, mint syrup, and simple syrup and refrigerate until needed. Stir in the sparkling mineral water just before serving.
How to Make Lime and Mint Refresher in a Pitcher
- Mix together 2 cups plain simple syrup, 1/2 cup mint infused simple syrup, and 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Gently stir in 5 1/3 cups of sparkling mineral water, then serve immediately.
- Garnish each glass with a lime wheel, mint sprig, and cucumber pieces.
Whether you’re braving another cold spring day or enjoying the warm breezes on the porch, you can sip on one of these drinks and praise God for His blessing of springtime. 😃🌷
How to Make Lime and Mint Refreshers
Start by making the mint infused simple syrup. Pour 1 cup granulated sugar and 1 cup of water into a saucepan. Place over medium heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
Add 1/2 cup of chopped fresh mint and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Cover and steep for 1 hour.
Gather the rest of the ingredients for the lime and mint refresher. You’ll need plain simple syrup, sparkling mineral water, lime juice, and the steeped mint syrup. Cut some lime wheels and cucumber pieces for the garnish.
Mix together the mint simple syrup, plain simple syrup, and the lime juice. Add a few ice cubes.
Top up with sparkling mineral water and gently stir to combine.
Garnish with a lime wheel, cucumber, and a fresh mint sprig, and enjoy!
Pro Tips for Making Lime and Mint Refreshers
- Let the mint simple syrup steep for an hour. This gives the syrup a beautiful mint flavor.
- Chill the sparkling water. This will help keep the drink cold.
- Use freshly squeezed lime juice. The bottled kind doesn’t taste as good.
- Make the drink ahead of time. Just add the sparkling water just before serving.
- If you want to increase the lime flavor, put 2 tablespoons of simple syrup and 2 tablespoons of lime juice.
Our Go-To Kitchen Tools for Lime & Mint Refresher
- Emeril Lagasse Saucepan: the 1-quart size of this heavy bottomed saucepan is really convenient.
- Bamboo Citrus Reamer: squeezing limes is made easy with this handheld citrus reamer.
- Glass Measuring Cup: mix and pour in this thick glass measuring cup.
- Measuring Spoons: we’ve loved using these measuring spoons for years!
Liking this recipe? Check out these other refreshing drinks you need to try.
- Sparkling Grapefruit and Ginger Fizz: a fantastic spring drink with a sophisticated flavor.
- Frozen Virgin Margarita: this mocktail is sweet, sour, salty, bitter, and umami all at the same time.
- Ginger Beer Mocktail with Lime: this gingery drink is flavorful and a little bit healthy.
The pleasure of a 5-star review for this lime and mint refresher recipe would be greatly appreciated.Print
Easy lime and mint refresher is a non alcoholic beverage made with lime juice, simple syrup, mint syrup, and sparkling mineral water. It’s an easy drink recipe that will please guests at a summer party, Easter brunch, or baby shower.
For the Mint Simple Syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200g)
- 1 cup filtered water (236 ml)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
For Each Drink
- 1/4 cup simple syrup, chilled
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon mint simple syrup
- Regular or lime-flavored sparkling mineral water, such as Perrier, chilled
- 1 slice of cucumber, quartered
- 1 sprig of fresh mint
- 1 lime wheel
Making the Mint Simple Syrup (10 min + 1 hour steeping)
- Pour the sugar and water into a medium saucepan and stir together over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer, then add the chopped mint and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat, cover, and let steep at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Strain out the mint leaves and let the mint simple syrup chill until needed.
Making the Drink (10 minutes)
- Combine 1/4 cup simple syrup, 1 tablespoon lime juice, and 1 tablespoon mint syrup in the glass, then top with about 2/3 cup of sparkling mineral water. Stir gently to combine.
- Garnish with a slice of cucumber cut into fourths and a sprig of fresh mint. Place a lime wheel on the rim of the glass and serve immediately.
The pleasure of a 5 star review for this easy lime and mint refresher recipe would be greatly appreciated.
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lime and mint refresher, mocktail, non alcoholic
Disclaimer: this post is not sponsored by Perrier, nor have we received any of their products for free for this post.