Do you love mangoes and lemons? If so, you're in the right place. This refreshing summer drink is the ultimate combination of these two delicious fruits, and you'll definitely want a refill!
Want to see our latest recipes? Subscribe to our email newsletter to get our latest recipes, fun food facts, food puns, and behind the scenes news about our blog.
What is mango lemonade?
It's a refreshing blend of pureed mango with freshly squeezed lemon juice, sugar, and water. I like to add a little lime juice to deepen the flavor. This drink is just the thing to enjoy on a hot summer afternoon!
Do mango and lemon go together?
Yes, they do! The sweetness of the mango tastes wonderful with the tartness of the lemon. Bringing mango and lemon into one drink really brings out the best in both of these flavors.
Is this drink healthy?
It's best to enjoy this in moderation, as it has a high sugar content from the mango and the sugar. One serving of just over 8 fluid ounces contains 339 calories, 2.4g of fiber, and 82g of sugar. The fruit does give it 83% of your daily value for vitamin C.
How many calories are in this drink?
One serving of about 8 fluid ounces contains 339 calories. For the full nutritional information, scroll to the bottom of the recipe card.
Can I make this into a slushie?
Yes, you definitely can. Simply make the drink and pour it into a freezer safe container. Freeze for about 4-6 hours, depending upon how cold your freezer is. Be sure to stir the mixture halfway through, and break up any clumps with a fork before serving.
Can I make this in advance?
This lemonade can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days and sipped at your leisure. If you'd like to freeze this, make it into popsicles or into a slushie. (See the directions above for the slushie version.)
How to Make
Start with slicing the mangoes. Cut each mango lengthwise into three slices, two of flesh and one of the pit.
Score the two flesh pieces in a crosshatch pattern with a knife, making sure not to cut through the skin. Flip the flesh side out so the mango resembles a hedgehog and trim the flesh off of the skin. Cut off the skin from the pit piece and trim off as much flesh as possible.
Gather the ingredients for the mango lemonade. You'll need the diced mango, lemon juice, lime juice, water, and sugar.
Puree the fresh mango with the sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
Add the water and lime juice and blend until mixed.
Taste and add more water, citrus juice, or sugar based upon the sweetness of the mangoes and your personal taste.
You should have about 4 ½ cups of lemonade.
Pour into ice-filled glasses.
Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint.
Enjoy right away!
- Use plain or fruit-flavored sparkling water instead of plain water. Be sure to stir it in after the ingredients have been pureed in the blender.
- Reduce the diced mango to 2 cups and add 1 cup of strawberries, blueberries, peaches, pineapple, or any other fruit you like.
- Make this into an orangeade or limeade by using 1 cup of freshly squeezed orange or lime juice instead of the lemon juice.
- Make this drink into a slushie by freezing it in a large freezer-friendly container for about 4-6 hours. Break up any clumps with a fork before serving.
- Use mangoes that are ripe, but still a little firm. They'll taste good and still be easy to cut.
- Squeeze the citrus juice yourself for the best taste.
Other Refreshing Lemonades You'll Enjoy!
- Chick-fil-A Frozen Lemonade
- Cherry Lemonade
- Frozen Strawberry Lemonade
- Blueberry Lemonade
- Cherry Limeade
- Arnold Palmer Drink
Other Fruit Drinks to Try
- Virgin Mango Daiquiri
- Strawberry Citrus Blush
- Nonalcoholic Peach Daiquiri
- Frozen Virgin Jalapeño Margaritas
- Agua de Guayaba
If you liked this recipe and found it helpful, give it some love by sharing!
The pleasure of a 5-star review would be greatly appreciated!Print
Make this easy and refreshing mango lemonade this summer! It’s a delicious nonalcoholic drink that kids and adults will love. Just blend the fresh mango with water, sugar, and citrus juice, and you’ll have some wonderful lemonade to enjoy.
- 3 cups fresh mango, diced (about 3 large mangoes; 525g)
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar (250g)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (240 ml)
- 1 cup water (240 ml)
- ⅓ cup freshly squeezed lime juice (80 ml)
- Start by dicing the fresh mango. Turn the mango so one of the pointed ends is standing on the cutting board. Use a sharp knife to slice off the sides, leaving you with three pieces of mango: one with the pit and two with the flesh.
- Score the two flesh pieces in a crosshatched pattern, being careful not to cut through the skin. Flip the flesh out so the piece resembles a hedgehog, then use the knife to cut the diced mango off of the skin. Repeat with the other piece, then trim off as much flesh as possible from the pit.
- Place the diced mango in a blender, and add the lemon juice and sugar and puree until smooth.
- Add the water and lime juice and blend again until well mixed. Taste and adjust the amount of citrus juice, water, and sugar to your personal taste.
- Pour over ice, garnish with a sprig of fresh mint, and enjoy. Leftover lemonade can be refrigerated for up to 3 days, or frozen into a slushie.
- It's best to use mangoes that are ripe, but still slightly firm.
- Be sure to freshly squeeze the citrus juice for the best flavor. I like to use this citrus reamer to make the process quick and easy.
- Want to make this more fancy? Replace the water with plain or fruit-flavored sparkling water, and add it after all the ingredients have been pureed in the blender.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: nonalcoholic, recipe