Looking for a special gift for the coffee snob in your life? Here are some useful and affordable ideas for Christmas gifts that they will absolutely love.
If you want to sip on some java while you browse these gifts, whip up a flat white, and you'll feel even more inspired. If you're looking for other gifts, these bread baker gift ideas and cocktail gift guide are great places to start.
(All the links below are affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission if you make a purchase.)
Any serious coffee nerd will need the following equipment, no matter what brewing method they use. Give them the perfect gift to brighten their holiday season with the following gift ideas.
These helpful gadgets will help your friend or relative measure their beans more accurately, and a kettle will boil water quickly. This airtight canister allows CO2 to escape, keeping the beans fresh for longer. They'll appreciate these handy tools!
- Item: Electric Gooseneck Kettle
- Brand: HiMax
- Why It's Awesome: This kettle is one of my favorite tools, and I use it almost every day. It has temperature control, and can hold the water at the desired temperature for up to an hour. It boils quickly and pours easily, offering great control for pourover coffee. This kettle is quiet and has an easy-to-grip handle for pouring.
- Item: Digital Kitchen Scale
- Brand: Escali
- Why It's Awesome: The quick power up and long auto shut off time of this scale makes it the best one I've ever used. I love it for measuring coffee beans, water, or other ingredients. (Trust me, I've used mine a lot!) This kitchen scale is perfect for the serious home barista.
- Item: Coffee Canister
- Brand: Veken
- Why It's Awesome: Opaque, airtight containers will keep coffee beans fresh and away from light, which can make them go stale more quickly. This model has a dial date tracker on the lid, one-way CO2 valve for freshness, and a convenient scoop for measuring. This gift will make any home barista happy and will make their beans taste better for longer!
Grinding the beans is one of the most important steps in brewing an awesome cup of java. The best type of grinder is a conical burr grinder, as it creates the most evenly sized grounds. Your friend will love receiving one of these grinders for an extra-special gift!
Manual Burr Grinder
- Item: Manual Burr Coffee Grinder
- Brand: JavaPresse
- Why It's Awesome: This small manual grinder gives you the quality of burr grinding at a lower price point. It's a perfect gift for those who travel or camp a lot, as it's very portable, and is best for those doing small servings at a time.
Electric Burr Grinder
- Item: Electric Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
- Brand: OXO
- Why It's Awesome: This grinder grinds beans very uniformly for this price tag, and can grind finely or coarsely as desired. It has a small countertop footprint and is quick to use. I've used mine for months and love it! It's an affordable alternative to more expensive conical burr grinders.
There are so many ways to brew coffee! Each method takes a different amount of time, and some methods can bring out certain flavors in the beans. If you're thinking of buying someone one of these coffee makers as a gift idea, choose the brewing method you'll think they like the best.
- Item: 12-Cup Drip Coffee Maker
- Brand: Mr. Coffee
- Why It's Awesome: You can see how much water is stored in the tank, and you can also pause the brewing to grab a cup. The filter basket lifts out easily for cleanup, which makes this gift even better.
- Item: Stainless Steel French Press
- Brand: Secura
- Why It's Awesome: This double-wall insulated stainless steel French press keeps the water hotter during the brewing process, and is virtually indestructible. (Glass models are prone to breakage, which is why stainless steel is better.) This dishwasher-safe French press makes amazing coffee!
- Item: Pourover Coffee Maker
- Brand: Bodum
- Why It's Awesome: This affordable model holds 4 cups (1 liter) of coffee, is dishwasher safe, and comes with a reusable metal filter. It's super easy to use and to clean. Another great point for a gift! Your friend or relative will love pouring the water over the grounds and watching the coffee drip through to the bottom.
- Item: 6-Cup Moka Pot
- Brand: Bialetti
- Why It's Awesome: Moka pots make a strong coffee that's between regular drip coffee and espresso. Bialetti is the leading brand in moka pots, with their aluminum models having been invented in the 1930s. This model makes enough for 6 demitasse cups. I love the strong, flavorful brew it makes!
- Item: Aeropress Coffee Maker
- Brand: Aeropress
- Why It's Awesome: This compact device is perfect for making small servings of coffee while traveling or camping. It brews with low acidity, and makes a strong coffee that tastes similar to espresso. This is a fairly quick brewing method that is fun to do.
- Item: Cold Brew Coffee Maker
- Brand: Bodum
- Why It's Awesome: This cold brew maker is affordable, easy to clean, and makes several cups of cold brew. It comes with two lids; one for sealing it overnight in the fridge, and the other to help strain the coffee from the grounds. It's the perfect gift for cold brew lovers! They will have fun making their own cold brew concentrates.
Steamed, frothed milk is the key to making a delicious latte or to pouring beautiful latte art. These two tools are great gift ideas for those who want to create the perfect milk foam.
- Item: Milk Frother
- Brand: PowerLix
- Why It's Awesome: This powerful handheld milk frother runs on two AA batteries. It can effortlessly whip up steamed milk into a gorgeous, smooth froth, and it even comes with a convenient, compact stand. It's a great gift for cappuccino fans! I love using this frother a couple times every week.
- Item: Milk Frothing Pitcher
- Brand: Apexstone
- Why It's Awesome: This pitcher is perfect for those with a fancy espresso machine. You can steam and froth milk in this stainless steel pitcher, and the convenient measurement markings on the side tell you how much you have. Plus, it's dishwasher safe!
A coffee snob is someone who's careful to choose the best quality coffee beans that have been recently roasted and skillfully brewed to produce the best tasting coffee possible. They don't settle for any run-of-the-mill coffee, but seek out the best local coffee shops and invest in quality home brewing equipment. Prioritizing flavor and aroma over convenience or price, coffee snobs are connoisseurs!
Add a variety of items the recipient will love, such as a bag of freshly roasted whole bean coffee, flavored syrups, specialty sugars, a cool mug or travel thermos, small coffee makers like a French press or AeroPress, chocolate covered coffee beans, or baked goods to enjoy with the coffee.
Choose the basket you want to use for the gift, then fill it ⅓ to ½ full with shredded paper or another filler. Artfully arrange the gift inside the basket, placing the tallest items at the back and the shortest ones in the front. Cover the basket with cellophane, and tie a festive ribbon on to secure it. Add a gift tag to the outside if desired.
Every coffee snob needs amazing coffee beans, a quality grinder, a few brewing methods (French press, pourover, moka pot, etc.), a milk frother, and some fun mugs in which to enjoy the coffee!
Hopefully, you've found some great gift ideas for the coffee snobs in your life. Whether they're into cold brew or need an epic milk frother, these ideas should inspire you to find a gift your relative or friend will love for Christmas or another special occasion.
If you've found this helpful, leave a comment to share other great coffee gift ideas!
Coffee Recipes To Try
If you liked this gift guide and found it helpful, give it some love by sharing!
Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook for more crave-worthy recipes!
These products are some of the best! I especially enjoy using the coffee grinder. All you need to do is measure the coffee beans, dump them in, and press the button. I highly recommend this grinder!
Thanks for recommending this coffee grinder as well, Beth! It's been such a great addition to my home coffee shop.
The scale you recommended is really nice and is lightweight. The numbers are easy to see, and it has a long auto shut-off time. Love this scale!
I'm so glad that you like using this scale, Alex! It's a great choice for measuring coffee or even cooking and baking.
I learned much about the different coffee types and about the various coffee pots etc
I had never heard or seen the electric gooseneck kettle before.
Thanks for sharing!
You're welcome! I'm glad that you found this informative!