We handpicked the products linked in this post. If you buy from one of these affiliate links, we may earn a small commission. Thanks for supporting Savor the Flavour!
This post was originally published on April 23, 2018.
As a child, I have fond memories of picking locally grown strawberries. There’s nothing like ripe berries still warm from the April sun! 🍓😋 Since I especially love non alcoholic strawberry drinks, I created this sweet, citrusy strawberry mocktail for you to enjoy. Enter the strawberry citrus blush!
What is strawberry citrus blush?
This strawberry citrus blush is a combination of three citrus juices (lemon, lime, and orange) mixed with strawberry puree, simple syrup, grenadine, and sparkling mineral water. I’ve added additional strawberry flavor by floating sliced macerated strawberries in the drink, too. The sweet, citrusy flavor really brings out the strawberry taste and makes it quite refreshing.
Variations & Substitutions
- Want a frozen blush? Blend frozen strawberries and add crushed ice into the citrus juice to create a slushy consistency.
- Want to make for a party? Double or triple the recipe and serve it in a drink dispenser or punch bowl.
- Don’t want to use strawberries? Try peach, mango, pomegranate, raspberry, or kiwi instead.
- Don’t want to use simple syrup? Use honey or agave nectar instead.
- Can’t have red food dye? Make your own grenadine without food coloring.
Can I make strawberry citrus blush ahead of time?
- Yes, you can make strawberry citrus blush ahead of time.
- Make the strawberry citrus juice and mix it with the simple syrup and grenadine.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, then add the sparkling mineral water.
- Pour into glasses and serve.
How to Make Strawberry Citrus Blush in a Pitcher
- Stir together 4 cups of strawberry citrus juice, 1 1/2 cups of simple syrup, and 3/4 cup of grenadine.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, then mix in the 4 cups of sparkling mineral water and pour into glasses to serve.
- This will make enough for twelve 7-ounce drinks, or 84 ounces total.
You and your family will enjoy sipping these drinks at a spring brunch or dinner. If you love citrus and strawberries, this is the drink for you! 🍓🍊🍋 You also might want to check out the other non alcoholic drink recipes in this recipe roundup from Drizly, which features our strawberry citrus blush recipe.
How to Make Strawberry Citrus Blush
Gather the ingredients for the strawberry citrus blush. Orange juice, sparkling mineral water, fresh strawberries, lemon juice, lime juice, lemon zest, simple syrup, and grenadine.
Puree half of the strawberries in a blender. You should have 1 cup of puree.
Slice the remaining strawberries and toss with 2 teaspoons lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon sugar, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Let the berries stand for 10-30 minutes to release their juices.
Muddle the strawberries with the end of a wooden spoon or a muddler. Just crush them lightly to release their flavors.
Mix together the lemon, lime, and orange juices with the lemon zest, macerated strawberries, and strawberry puree.
For a fancy touch, sugar the rims of the glasses. Dip the rim into simple syrup, then into granulated sugar.
To make a 7 ounce drink, mix together 1/3 cup of strawberry citrus juice, 2 tablespoons simple syrup, and 1 tablespoon of grenadine in a large glass.
Gently stir in 1/3 cup of sparkling mineral water and pour the drink into a 7-ounce champagne flute. Use a funnel to pour more accurately.
Pro Tips for Strawberry Citrus Blush
- Make simple syrup with water and sugar. Stir together 1 cup (200g) of granulated sugar in 1 cup (236 ml) of water over medium-high heat until the sugar has dissolved, then chill until cold.
- Use ripe, sweet strawberries for the best taste. If your strawberries are slightly tart, add a little extra simple syrup to taste.
- Macerate the strawberries for extra flavor. Toss the sliced strawberries with 2 teaspoons lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon sugar, and a couple pinches of salt and let them stand for at least 10 minutes (preferably 30 minutes). This will enhance the berries’ sweetness and flavor.
- Muddle the strawberries to release their juices. Use a muddler or the end of a wooden spoon to roughly crush the macerated berries to release their juices.
- Make the strawberry citrus juice ahead of time. Chill it in the fridge until you’re ready to finish assembling the rest of the drink.
Our Go-To Kitchen Tools for Strawberry Citrus Blush
- Bamboo Citrus Reamer: it’s easy to squeeze the maximum juice from citrus with this tool.
- Microplane Zester & Grater: this tool makes zesting citrus is so much faster.
- 4-Cup Measuring Cup: the pouring spout on this cup is really convenient.
- Glass Prep Bowls: store your prepped ingredients in these pretty bowls.
Relax and unwind as you sip on these other refreshing drinks.
- Grapefruit Rosemary Mocktail: a delightful citrusy drink with a hint of rosemary.
- Easy Lime and Mint Refresher: this fun take on lime soda will get you wanting a refill!
- Non Alcoholic Piña Colada: you’ll be in the tropics with just one sip of this amazing creamy drink.
The pleasure of a 5-star review for this strawberry citrus blush would be greatly appreciated.Print
Non alcoholic strawberry citrus blush is a refreshing spring and summer drink made with three citrus juices, strawberries, easy simple syrup, and sparkling mineral water. It’s a perfect crowd pleaser to serve for kids, teens, and adults at a party, baby shower, or Easter brunch.
For the Strawberry Citrus Juice
- 1 cup fresh strawberry puree (236 ml)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced (140g)
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (10 ml)
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups orange juice (590 ml)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 1 large lemon) (60 ml)
- 5 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (from 3 large limes) (74 ml)
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
For Each Drink
- 1/3 cup strawberry citrus juice (78 ml)
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup
- 1 tablespoon grenadine
- 1/3 cup sparkling water (78 ml)
- Fresh rose petals, rinsed and patted dry (optional)
Making the Strawberry Citrus Juice (15 minutes)
- Make the strawberry puree. Hull 2 pints of fresh strawberries. Puree about half of them and measure out 1 cup (236 ml) of puree. Slice the remaining strawberries and measure out 1 cup (140g).
- Macerate the sliced strawberries. Toss the sliced strawberries with 2 teaspoons of lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon of sugar, and 1/8 teaspoon of salt. Let them stand for at least 10 minutes (preferably 30 minutes if you have the time) to bring out the berries’ sweetness and flavor.
- Zest and juice the citrus. Meanwhile, zest and juice the lemon, then juice the limes. Stir together the lemon, lime, and orange juices and the strawberry puree until blended.
- Muddle the strawberries. Once the sliced strawberries are macerated, lightly crush them with a muddler or the handle end of a wooden spoon. This releases more juices from the berries. Stir the muddled strawberries into the citrus juice mixture and chill until ready to serve.
Mixing Each Drink (2 minutes per drink)
- Mix it up. Pour 1/3 cup of the strawberry citrus juice into a cocktail shaker or large glass. Gently stir in 2 tablespoons of simple syrup, 1 tablespoon of grenadine, and 1/3 cup of sparkling water until well blended.
- Garnish and serve. Use a funnel to pour the mixture into a 7 ounce champagne flute. If desired, garnish with fresh rose petals that have been rinsed and patted dry. Serve immediately.
- For health and safety, make sure the rose petals come from bushes that haven’t been sprayed or treated with any chemicals.
- Want to make a pitcher of strawberry citrus blush? Stir together 4 cups of strawberry citrus juice, 1 1/2 cups of simple syrup, and 3/4 cup of grenadine. Refrigerate until ready to serve, then mix in the 4 cups of sparkling mineral water and pour into glasses to serve.
- The pleasure of a 5-star review for this strawberry citrus blush would be greatly appreciated.
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: non alcoholic drinks, virgin drinks, non alcoholic drinks recipes