We handpicked the products and tools linked in this post. If you buy from one of these affiliate links, we may earn a small commission. Thanks for supporting Savor the Flavour!
Spinach and apple salad looks amazing, tastes fantastic, and is really good for you, with lots of vitamins A and C. The sliced almonds are toasted in butter to give them extra flavor and crunchiness. This simple vinaigrette of white balsamic, white wine vinegar and brown sugar comes together in a flash. Throughout this healthy spinach salad, you will find pops of color from the crumbled feta, dried cranberries, and thin slices of red onion.
If you are looking for a tasty light lunch, just make up a large bowlful and dig in. On the other hand, it’s also a great appetizer to serve when company comes over.
Spinach and apple salad looks amazing, tastes fantastic, mixes together quickly, and best of all, it’s healthy.
For the Salad
- 8 oz. fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium Macintosh apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
For the Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
For the Topping
- 2 tablespoons almonds, sliced and toasted
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese, crumbled
- In a small saucepan, toast almonds in butter for a few minutes. Stir constantly, so they don’t burn. When the almonds have turned a pale light brown, remove from heat and place in a small bowl to use later.
- Put the fresh spinach in a large mixing bowl.
- Thinly slice 1/4 cup of red onion.
- Wash, core, and thinly slice two apples.
- In a large fry pan, fry apples in oil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mix the brown sugar and two kinds of vinegar together in a small bowl, then pour into the pan with the fried apples. Gently turn the apples over, trying to coat each apple with the vinaigrette. Cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Pour the warm vinaigrette and apples over the fresh spinach and toss to combine.
- Add red onion, toasted almonds, dried cranberries and crumbled feta, and toss gently.
- Serve immediately.
- If you want leftovers, only put the warm vinaigrette over the spinach you will be using right away.