Capture the flavor of summer in our copycat Chick-fil-A peach milkshake. It's a seasonal treat that's too good to pass up, and is perfect for sipping on this summer. Round up the kids to help make this super easy dessert drink. If you love peaches, you'll look forward to having this creamy and delicious shake each peach season!
Want to see our latest recipes? Subscribe to our email newsletter to get our latest recipes, fun food facts, food puns, and behind the scenes news about our blog.
Chick-fil-A uses their signature Icedream vanilla ice cream for this shake, along with fresh summer peaches. That why this drink is only available for a limited time.
- Vanilla ice cream: Use good quality ice cream with a strong vanilla bean taste.
- Peaches: Use fresh, ripe peaches that have been peeled and pitted. Keep the peels and puree them for added flavor.
- Milk: Use whole milk to thin it down just a bit, and still keep it creamy.
- Turmeric: Use this spice for added color. It's totally optional if you don't have any in your pantry.
When does the peach milkshake come out in 2020?
The release date is June 29, 2020 and will be available for the summer months because that's when peaches are at their best. It is a popular drink that fans look forward to each summer and is around for a limited time only.
What is the price for a large peach milkshake?
Chick-fil-A charges $4.15 plus tax for a large, so this would quickly add up if you ordered 4 or more shakes for your family at the drive thru.
What are the calories for this beverage?
For a serving size of 14 ounces (432g) and no garnish, our milkshake recipe has 522 calories, 71.7g carbs, and 62.1g sugar. Compare this to Chick-fil-A's large peach milkshake (425g) no garnish, it has 590 calories, 101g carbs, and 88g sugar. For more nutritional information, scroll to the end of the recipe card.
What does Chick-fil-A's peach milkshake taste like?
Their milkshake has a strong vanilla and peach taste without being too sweet. It's thick and has small chunks of peach stirred throughout. You can get the shake topped with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry, which adds to the overall experience and taste.
How to Make
Gather all the ingredients: good quality vanilla bean ice cream, fresh peaches that are peeled and chopped, whole milk, and turmeric for color. Keep the peels and puree them for extra flavor.
To make one 15 ounce glass, put 4 scoops of ice cream and 1 cup of peeled, chopped peaches in the blender.
Add two tablespoons of whole milk to help thin it a bit.
Add a pinch of turmeric for color. This might sound weird, but Chick-fil-A does do this.
Blend for a few seconds. If you want the peaches to be smooth, blend a little longer, or puree the peaches first and then add the ice cream. If you want this full of peach chunks, just add some in after blending and stir with a long handled spoon.
If you are on a diet or in a hurry, skip the garnish. The drink should look peachy in color and thick enough for a straw to stand up. Chick-fil-A always uses red plastic straws, so we opted for red and white paper straws.
If you don't have any straws on hand, a long handled spoon would also be a great idea.
To take your shake to the next level, pipe on the homemade whipped cream and add a maraschino cherry with a stem. Enjoy right away or store in the freezer for up to 30 minutes.
- To intensify the flavor, macerate the chopped fresh peaches. Sprinkle them with sugar, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt, stir, and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Another option for intensifying the flavor is using peach nectar instead of whole milk to thin the shake.
- Puree the peach peels with peach nectar first.
- Put it in the freezer for 30 minutes to one hour to give it more of a ice cream texture.
- Use frozen or canned peaches when fresh aren't in season. Make sure to add peach nectar to balance it, since fresh fruit has more flavor.
- Use the best quality vanilla bean ice cream you can find. The stronger the vanilla bean flavor, the better.
- Use hard ice cream to make your shake, not soft melted ice cream.
- Keep this shake thick by adding more ice cream or freezing it for 30 minutes.
- Stir in small chunks of peach after it's blended for the right texture.
- To intensify the flavor, add pureed peach peels blended with peach nectar.
Looking for more Chick-fil-A copycat recipes?
Looking for more frozen fruit drink recipes?
- Virgin Mango Daiquiri
- Watermelon Slushie Mockail
- Frozen Cherry Limeade
- Frozen Strawberry Lemonade
- Frozen Virgin Margarita
If you liked this recipe and found it helpful, give it some love by sharing!
The pleasure of a 5-star review would be greatly appreciated!Print
Our Chick-fil-A copycat peach milkshake recipe is made with fresh, juicy peaches. This homemade version is so easy to whip up in your blender this summer! Kids will love this delicious way to cool off.
- Peel, pit, and chop the peaches.
- Put half of the ingredients into the blender. Blend for a few seconds so it's blended, but still really thick.
- Pour into a glass. Add in some reserved peach chunks that have been diced small for extra texture and flavor and stir them in with a long handled spoon. Repeat with remaining ingredients for the other drink.
- Whip the cream with a hand blender or a whisk, adding a touch of sugar or vanilla as desired. Spoon or pipe the whipped cream on top of the milkshake.
- Add a maraschino cherry with a stem and one or two red straws. Enjoy right away or place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- Use ice cream with a strong vanilla bean flavor that is frozen hard and not melted.
- Add more ice cream or freeze it for 30 minutes to thicken the drink.
- After it's blended, stir in more chunks for the right texture.
- Add pureed peelings blended with peach nectar.
- If using frozen or canned, use peach nectar instead of milk.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: recipe, Chick-fil-A, seasonal