We handpicked the products and tools linked in this post. If you buy from one of these affiliate links, we may earn a small commission. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Love Chick-fil-A's peppermint chip milkshake, but you live too far away to get one? No worries--make your own delicious copycat version at home with just a few basic ingredients! This peppermint milkshake has a creamy texture and a refreshing mint flavor that you'll enjoy.
Want to see our latest recipes? Subscribe to our email newsletter to get our latest recipes, fun food facts, food puns, and behind the scenes news about our blog.
There are only a few ingredients in this Chick-fil-A copycat recipe. The most important ingredient in any shake is the ice cream, so make sure that you choose a good quality vanilla bean ice cream. You can use store-bought peppermint bark (affiliate) or make your own. Other than these, you'll need milk, peppermint extract, and red food coloring.
To make your own peppermint bark, melt 12 ounces of dark chocolate and spread it on a 9x13-inch cookie sheet lined with parchment. Chill in the fridge for 10 minutes, then melt 12 ounces of white chocolate. Spread the white chocolate on top and sprinkle on ½ cup crushed peppermint and chill for 1 hour. Break into pieces.
How do you thicken a milkshake?
If your shake isn't thick enough, add more ice cream and blend until smooth. If it's too thick, add more milk.
Can I make this milkshake in advance?
Yes, you can! Simply blend it up, pour into a freezer-friendly container, and freeze. Let it stand at room temperature and stir until it reaches the right consistency before serving.
When does the peppermint milkshake come out at Chick-fil-A?
In 2020, the peppermint milkshake will be released on Wednesday, November 11, replacing the seasonal mocha cream cold brew, and will be available until January.
How many calories are in a Chick-fil-A peppermint milkshake?
There are 660 calories in a small shake without the garnish, which is 14 ounces. Our copycat recipe contains 654 calories for a 14 ounce serving.
How to Make
Gather the ingredients for the milkshake. Vanilla bean ice cream, peppermint bark, peppermint extract and milk.
Place the peppermint bark in a sandwich bag and finely crush with a rolling pin.
Put half of the ice cream into a blender and add the crushed peppermint bark.
Blend until smooth and well combined, then add the remaining ice cream and peppermint bark and blend again.
Add the peppermint extract.
Add red food coloring if desired. (I used maraschino cherry juice instead of food coloring here because I had run out of food coloring.)
Blend again until everything is well combined.
If desired, garnish the milkshake with a mound of homemade whipped cream and a maraschino cherry. Add a striped or polk-a-dotted red straw.
Enjoy this festive drink right away with your family and friends!
- Chocolate: use chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla.
- Peppermint Mocha: use chocolate ice cream and coffee instead of milk.
- Dye Free: use all-natural red food dye or simply omit it.
- Use good quality vanilla ice cream for the best flavor.
- Make sure to use pure peppermint extract for a minty taste.
- Finely crush the peppermint bark before blending.
Other Copycat Chick-fil-A Recipes
- Cookies and Cream Milkshake
- Frosted Coffee
- Mocha Cream Cold Brew
- Frosted Sunrise
- Frozen Lemonade
- Mango Passion Tea
Other Christmas Drinks
If you liked this recipe and found it helpful, give it some love by sharing!
The pleasure of a 5-star review would be greatly appreciated!Print
Learn how to make Chick-fil-A’s delicious peppermint chip milkshake in your own home! This copycat recipe is a thick, creamy, and refreshing treat that kids and adults will love.
- Place the peppermint bark in a sandwich bag and finely crush it with a rolling pin or meat mallet.
- Scoop the ice cream into a blender and pour in the crushed peppermint bark, the milk, and the peppermint extract.
- Blend until smooth. (If you don't have a powerful blender, do steps 3-4 in two batches.)
- If you would like to add food coloring, blend in a little bit at a time. You need just enough to tint the shake a pale pink.
- Immediately pour the milkshake into tall glasses and garnish with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry. Enjoy right away or place in the freezer to enjoy later.
- Use a high quality vanilla ice cream for the best flavor.
- Can't find peppermint bark? Melt 12 ounces (340g) of dark chocolate and spread it in a 9x13-inch cookie sheet lined with parchment. Chill for 10 minutes, then top with 12 ounces (340g) of melted white chocolate. Sprinkle on ½ cup (60g) crushed peppermint and chill for 1 hour.
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: recipe, ingredients