We handpicked the products and tools linked in this post. If you buy from one of these affiliate links, we may earn a small commission.
Are you a fan of Chick fil-A’s frosted lemonade? Well, this spring, the Georgia-born fast food chain did a spin on it: the frosted sunrise.
It was available for only a limited time: March 5 to June 2. If you didn’t get a chance to try it from this famous restaurant, I’ve got you covered. It is so simple to make, you’ll be making them whenever the mood strikes. Really, it’s that easy.
Chick fil-A uses their vanilla IceDream and Simply Orange juice, which is 100% pure juice.
I used 3 ingredients: Simply Orange, Breyer’s Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream, and some freshly squeezed juice from two orange wedges.
What kitchen appliance is needed?
The only thing that is needed is a blender. You can use an immersion blender or a traditional one. At Chick-fil-A, the employees use an immersion blender, but I chose to use a standard countertop blender.
What’s the best way to serve this drink?
Pour this refreshing beverage into a tall, clear 16 ounce glass. Serve with a straw or two. Garnishes are not necessary, so save yourself the extra step and enjoy!
How many calories are in this drink?
A 16 fl. oz. glass, has 618 calories and is high in vitamin C and calcium. For more nutritional information, scroll past the recipe card.
How to Make
Gather all three ingredients.
Put 2 cups of vanilla ice cream in a blender then pour in the orange juice and blend for a few seconds.
A frosted sunrise isn’t a dessert and isn’t a smoothie, but it’s definitely a tasty treat and one you won’t soon forget.
Squeeze in some juice from two wedges and blend for a couple of seconds.
- Use 100% pure pulp-free orange juice that’s not from concentrate. If you can find Simply Orange, rejoice because you’ll have the real deal.
- Use good quality vanilla ice cream that tastes creamy.
- Use a little freshly squeezed orange juice to increase the flavor.
This other Chick-fil-A drink will be a hit with your family!
The pleasure of a 5-star review would be greatly appreciated.Print
Copycat Chick-fil-A Frosted Sunrise is a nonalcoholic fruity ice cream drink that’s fun and easy to make this summer for your kids. Use a blender to get the best results for this simple frozen treat. Pour it into a tall glass for a refreshing drink at breakfast, at the beach, or any time of the day.
- 2 cups good-quality vanilla ice cream (roughly 6 scoops)
- 3/4 cup Simply Orange juice, pulp free
- 1/4 navel orange (roughly two wedges)
- Measure out two cups of vanilla ice cream (or 6 scoops) and place in a blender. Pour 3/4 cup of orange juice over the ice cream.
- Cut up half an orange into four wedges, then squeeze the juice of two wedges into the blender. Blend for a few seconds or until smooth.
- Pour into a tall 16 ounce glass and serve immediately with a straw. No other garnish is necessary.
- It’s best to make one glass up at a time.
- If you need to keep them cool before serving, place in the freezer for up to 20 minutes.
- If you can’t find Simply Orange juice, use 100% pure, pasteurized, not from concentrate orange juice.
- For best results, use a creamy good quality vanilla ice cream.
- To increase the orange flavor, use a little freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 15 ounces
Keywords: frosted sunrise, copycat, chick-fil-a