Do you love Oreo cookies? Our family absolutely loves those tasty treats, especially when they're whipped into a copycat Chick-fil-A cookies and cream milkshake! This delicious dessert takes just three basic ingredients and a couple minutes to make.
Want to see our latest recipes? Subscribe to our email newsletter to get our latest recipes, fun food facts, food puns, and behind the scenes news about our blog.
Fortunately, this drink takes basic ingredients that you probably already have in your fridge and pantry. Oreo cookies, vanilla ice cream, and milk are the basic ingredients for the shake. If you want the garnish, you'll need some whipping cream and maraschino cherries.
How much is a cookies and cream milkshake at Chick-fil-A?
A small is $3.25, and a large is $3.85. If you're making shakes for a whole family, it's cheaper to buy the ingredients and make your own at home.
How many calories?
There are 610 calories in a small Chick-fil-A milkshake, with 780 in the large. Our recipe is 603 calories for an 8-ounce serving size, which is higher, but keep in mind that we're using a higher calorie icecream. Chick-fil-A using Icedream, their signature ice milk. You can always lower the calories by using lowfat frozen yogurt instead.
Are Oreo shakes healthy?
Our homemade milkshake contains lots of protein, calcium, and iron. This is definitely a treat to enjoy in moderation, since it contains a lot of sugar and fat. See the full nutrition facts at the end of the recipe card.
Can I make this milkshake in advance?
Yes, you absolutely can! Blend up the shake, pour it into glasses, and cover them with plastic wrap. You can freeze the shakes for up to 2 weeks like this. Make sure to let the shakes defrost at room temperature for 30 minutes before drinking.
How to Make
Gather the ingredients. You'll need about 9 scoops of ice cream, 8 Oreo cookies, and ⅓ cup of whole milk. The whipped cream and maraschino cherries are an optional garnish.
Crush the Oreos in a zip-top plastic bag with a rolling pin.
Place the ice cream, milk, and crushed cookies in a blender.
Blend on low speed until smooth, then mix on a higher speed for a few seconds.
Pour the shake into two glasses.
If desired, garnish with the whipped cream and a cherry.
The easiest way to change up this shake is to use a different flavor of Oreo or ice cream. Here are some ideas that you might want to try.
- Mint: use mint Oreos instead and add a little peppermint extract. You can even use mint chocolate chip ice cream instead of vanilla.
- Double Stuff: this will make your shake a little bit lighter and more creamy.
- Double Chocolate: use chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla. Drizzle chocolate syrup on top of the shake.
- Blonde Shake: use the golden Oreos instead.
- Keep the ice cream in the freezer until right before you use it.
- Skip crushing the Oreos in advance if you have a powerful blender.
- Pour leftover shake into glasses, cover with plastic, and freeze until ready to enjoy.
- Omit the garnish if you're watching your calories.
Other Copycat Chick-fil-A Drinks to Try
Other Frozen Drinks You'll Love
- Shamrock Shake
- Virgin Peach Daiquiri
- Non-Alcoholic Mint Julep
- Minty Ginger Peach Tea
- Lime and Mint Refresher
If you liked this recipe and found it helpful, give it some love by sharing!
The pleasure of a 5-star review would be greatly appreciated!
Copycat Chick-fil-A Cookies and Cream Milkshake
- 8 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 2 ½ cups vanilla bean ice cream, about 9 small scoops (Blue Bunny)
- ⅓ cup whole milk
- Pour the crushed Oreos into a blender and add the vanilla ice cream and milk. Blend on low speed until smooth, then raise the speed to high for a few seconds.
- Immediately pour the milkshake into glasses and enjoy. Keep the shakes frozen by putting it in the freezer until about 15-30 minutes before you want to drink it.
- For the garnish, pour ⅔ cup of heavy whipping cream into a bowl with ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract. Whip with a handheld electric mixer until stiff, then pipe or scoop it on top of the shakes. Garnish with a cherry on top.
- If you have a very powerful blender, you can probably skip crushing the Oreos.
- Add more milk as needed to help the blender smoothly mix the ingredients together.