Want a refreshing, summery twist on iced tea? This mango passion tea from Chick-fil-A is a delicious copycat recipe that's perfect for enjoying on a hot day. This drink takes just a few basic ingredients, and a few minutes to assemble.
Looking for more refreshing Chick-fil-A copycat drinks? Try our recipes for mocha cream cold brew and iced coffee.
Want to see our latest recipes? Subscribe to our email newsletter to get our latest recipes, fun food facts, food puns, and behind the scenes news about our blog.
This drink contains only four simple ingredients: lemonade, unsweet tea, mango nectar, and passionfruit juice.
- Lemonade: Chick-fil-A is famous for their amazing lemonade, but it's super easy to make it at home! All you need is freshly squeezed lemon juice, sugar, and water.
- Passionfruit Juice: I like to use Welch's for this recipe.
- Mango Nectar: I like to use Goya for this recipe.
- Unsweet Tea: Unsweet tea is simply brewed black tea without any sweeteners added. There's no need to use sweet tea for this recipe, since there's plenty of sweetness coming from the fruit juices.
- Peach Passion: use peach nectar instead of mango nectar.
- Tropical: use half mango nectar and half pineapple juice.
- Use a flavored black tea, like ginger peach.
How to Make
Let's start by making the unsweet tea. Boil 8 cups of water, pour it over 2 family-sized black tea bags, and let it steep for 6-8 minutes. Remove the bags and let it chill until you're ready for it.
Now, let's make the homemade lemonade. Squeeze 1 cup of fresh lemon juice and grab 1 ½ cups of water and ½ cup of sugar.
Stir the sugar and water with the lemon juice until the sugar has dissolved. You should end up with 2 ⅔ cups of lemonade.
Now, we're ready to assemble the drink! You'll need mango nectar, passionfruit juice, unsweet tea, and homemade lemonade.
Start by pouring ½ cup of unsweet tea into a 15-ounce glass.
Top it up with ½ cup each of passionfruit juice and mango nectar. Follow that with ¼ cup of lemonade.
Stir the drink until everything is well combined.
Garnish the drink with a lemon wheel and a paper straw. Add some crushed ice if desired. Enjoy right away!
This drink is a brand-new Chick-fil-A offering that debuted on June 29, 2020. It was tested in the fall of 2019 in Jacksonville, Florida and received positive reviews. It's one of Chick-fil-A's most refreshing drinks, and I hope it sticks around on their menu for a long time!
It costs $2.09 for a small, and $2.29 for a large.
A large (20 ounces) contains 190 calories. My version contains 179 calories for 14 ounces. For the full nutrition facts, scroll to the bottom of the recipe card.
Yes, there is caffeine in this drink. If you are watching your caffeine intake, simply use a decaffeinated black tea.
Leftovers: Refrigerate for 3-5 days.
Make Ahead: Simply mix all the ingredients together and chill until you're ready to enjoy.
- Be sure to use freshly squeezed lemon juice for the lemonade. Concentrated doesn't taste nearly as good.
- Chill all the ingredients before assembling the drink for the best taste.
- Is the drink too sweet? Dilute it with crushed ice or a little water.
Other Chick-fil-A Drinks You'll Enjoy
If you liked this recipe and found it helpful, give it some love by sharing!
Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook for more crave-worthy recipes!
The pleasure of a 5-star review would be greatly appreciated!
Copycat Chick-fil-A Mango Passion Tea
- ½ cup freshly brewed black tea, unsweetened
- ¼ cup homemade lemonade, see notes for recipe
- ½ cup Welch's passionfruit juice
- ½ cup Goya mango nectar
- Pour the unsweet tea into a 15-ounce glass and top it off with the lemonade, passionfruit juice, and mango nectar. Stir until blended.
- Add crushed ice as desired, then garnish with a lemon wheel on the rim of the glass and a paper straw. Enjoy immediately.
- How to Make Unsweet Tea: pour 8 cups of freshly boiled water over 2 family sized Lipton tea bags. Steep for 6-8 minutes, depending upon how strong you like it, then remove the tea bags. This will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- How to Make Lemonade: squeeze about 8 fresh lemons with a reamer to get 1 cup of lemon juice. Stir the juice with 1 ½ cups of water and ½ cup of sugar. This recipe makes 2 ⅔ cups of tart lemonade, and it will keep in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- If you're pressed for time, use a high-quality store bought lemonade, such as Simply Lemonade.
- Chill the ingredients in advance for the best flavor.
Serving sizes and nutritional information are only an estimate and may vary from your results.
The thick mango taste is divinely tropical, with a delectable passionfruit flavor that lingers upon the tongue. The Chick-fil-A version tastes more watered down and has a stronger lemon flavor. I like this copycat version better, but both are tasty.
Thanks for your comparison and thoughts, Beth!
The mango flavor is strong, and the nectar gives this drink a thicker texture than the Chick-fil-A one. I enjoy the cool refreshing flavor, especially the passionfruit--it reminds me of Hawaii!
Those tropical flavors are always so delicious!