Want a refreshing, summery twist on iced tea? This mango passion tea from Chick-fil-A is a delicious copycat recipe that's perfect for enjoying on a hot day. This drink takes just a few basic ingredients, and a few minutes to assemble.
Want to see our latest recipes? Subscribe to our email newsletter to get our latest recipes, fun food facts, food puns, and behind the scenes news about our blog.
This drink contains only four simple ingredients: lemonade, unsweet tea, mango nectar, and passionfruit juice. Chick-fil-A is famous for their amazing lemonade, but it's super easy to make it at home! All you need is freshly squeezed lemon juice, sugar, and water.
I like to use Welch's passionfruit juice, which tastes amazing, and the Goya mango nectar for this recipe. Unsweet tea is simply brewed black tea without any sweeteners added. There's no need to use sweet tea for this recipe, since there's plenty of sweetness coming from the fruit juices.
What is mango passion tea lemonade?
This drink is a brand-new Chick-fil-A offering that debuted on June 29, 2020. It was tested in the fall of 2019 in Jacksonville, Florida and received positive reviews. It's one of Chick-fil-A's most refreshing drinks, and I hope it sticks around on their menu for a long time!
How much does a Chick-fil-A this cost?
It costs $2.09 for a small, and $2.29 for a large.
How many calories are in a CFA mango passion tea?
A large (20 ounces) contains 190 calories. My version contains 179 calories for 14 ounces. For the full nutrition facts, scroll to the bottom of the recipe card.
Is there caffeine in passionfruit tea?
Yes, there is caffeine in this drink. If you are watching your caffeine intake, simply use a decaffeinated black tea.
Can I make this in advance?
Most certainly! Simply mix all the ingredients together and chill until you're ready to enjoy. If you want to assemble the drinks right before you drink them, you can chill the ingredients separately in advance, which will ensure the best flavor. (This is great if you have picky eaters or if you're having company and you want your guests to mix their own drink.)
How to Make
Let's start by making the unsweet tea. Boil 8 cups of water, pour it over 2 family-sized black tea bags, and let it steep for 6-8 minutes. Remove the bags and let it chill until you're ready for it.
Now, let's make the homemade lemonade. Squeeze 1 cup of fresh lemon juice and grab 1 ½ cups of water and ½ cup of sugar.
Stir the sugar and water with the lemon juice until the sugar has dissolved. You should end up with 2 ⅔ cups of lemonade.
Now, we're ready to assemble the drink! You'll need mango nectar, passionfruit juice, unsweet tea, and homemade lemonade.
Start by pouring ½ cup of unsweet tea into a 15-ounce glass.
Top it up with ½ cup each of passionfruit juice and mango nectar. Follow that with ¼ cup of lemonade.
Stir the drink until everything is well combined.
Garnish the drink with a lemon wheel and a paper straw. Add some crushed ice if desired. Enjoy right away!
- Peach Passion: use peach nectar instead of mango nectar.
- Tropical: use half mango nectar and half pineapple juice.
- Use a flavored black tea, like ginger peach.
- Be sure to use freshly squeezed lemon juice for the lemonade. Concentrated doesn't taste nearly as good.
- Chill all the ingredients before assembling the drink for the best taste.
- Is the drink too sweet? Dilute it with crushed ice or a little water.
Other Chick-fil-A Drinks You'll Enjoy
Other Fruity Drinks to Refresh You
- Ginger Peach Tea
- Arnold Palmer Drink
- Mango Lemonade
- Frozen Cherry Limeade
- Blueberry Lemonade
- Non-Alcoholic Winter Sangria
If you liked this recipe and found it helpful, give it some love by sharing!
The pleasure of a 5-star review would be greatly appreciated!Print
This delicious tropical drink is so refreshing, you’ll want a refill! This copycat Chick-fil-A recipe for mango passion tea is made with homemade lemonade, unsweet tea, mango nectar, and passionfruit juice.
- ½ cup freshly brewed black tea, unsweetened
- ¼ cup homemade lemonade (see notes for recipe)
- ½ cup Welch's passionfruit juice
- ½ cup Goya mango nectar
- Pour the unsweet tea into a 15-ounce glass and top it off with the lemonade, passionfruit juice, and mango nectar. Stir until blended.
- Add crushed ice as desired, then garnish with a lemon wheel on the rim of the glass and a paper straw. Enjoy immediately.
- How to Make Unsweet Tea: pour 8 cups of freshly boiled water over 2 family sized Lipton tea bags. Steep for 6-8 minutes, depending upon how strong you like it, then remove the tea bags. This will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- How to Make Lemonade: squeeze about 8 fresh lemons with a reamer to get 1 cup of lemon juice. Stir the juice with 1 ½ cups of water and ½ cup of sugar. This recipe makes 2 ⅔ cups of tart lemonade, and it will keep in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- If you're pressed for time, use a high-quality store bought lemonade, such as Simply Lemonade.
- Chill the ingredients in advance for the best flavor.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mango passion tea, lemonade, chick fil a