Ever since I was a small child, I’ve loved cherry desserts in the summer! 🍒 My grandmother would often make this simple dessert for my Mom and aunt when they were growing up in Thunder Bay as it was one of my aunt’s favorites. Since I have never met a cherry I didn’t like, my Mom knew I too would love this dessert, so many years ago, she asked Grandma for her recipe. She was right, it was a hit and remains a family favorite to this day! I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as we have.
What are the ingredients to make a no bake cheesecake?
The two basic ingredients for a no bake cheesecake are cream cheese and powdered sugar. Other flavorings, such as melted chocolate, vanilla extract, or almond extract, can be added to make a fancier cheesecake. For this no bake cherry cheesecake, we’ll fold some whipped cream into the cheesecake mixture to give it a lighter texture.
How long does it take for a no bake cheesecake to set in the fridge?
It takes about 8 hours (overnight) for this no bake cheesecake to fully chill and set. This cheesecake tastes best cold, so make sure to chill it thoroughly before serving.
How long can you keep a no bake cheesecake in the fridge?
I would suggest eating the cheesecake within 3-4 days. Make sure to refrigerate it tightly covered with plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
How do you make a no bake cheesecake?
For this cherry cheesecake, we’ll start by putting our graham cracker base in a 9×13 inch pan.
Next, spread the cheesecake layer on top.
Spread the sour cherry pie filling on top, cover, and chill. It will be all ready for you to dig in!
Your family will love this simple, crowd pleasing dessert no matter what time of year. I encourage you to make it for your next family gathering, church potluck, or summer barbecue.
Enjoy these other no bake desserts any time of year!
- No Bake Homemade Banana Pudding: refresh yourself on a hot day with this ultra-popular Southern dessert.
- No Bake Dark Chocolate Cheesecake: impress your family with a slice of this rich, chocolatey cheesecake.
- No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies: kids will devour these fudgy chocolate and peanut butter cookies.
Share how you enjoyed this no bake cherry cheesecake recipe by leaving a recipe rating below. We’d love to hear from you!Print
Thrill your tastebuds with this easy to make, family favorite dessert! It’s perfect for a crowd or for hungry kids. A graham cracker base, cream cheese filling, and sour cherry topping make it a truly indulgent dessert.
For the Graham Cracker Base
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs (24 graham cracker sheets) (369g)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed (120g)
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, melted (154g)
For the Cheesecake Layer
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (237 ml)
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened (454g)
- 2/3 cup icing sugar, sifted (88g)
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
For the Cherry Topping
- 2 21-ounce cans cherry pie filling, preferably made from tart cherries (2 595g tins)
Making the Graham Cracker Base (15 minutes)
- Crush 24 sheets of graham crackers in a food processor or in a zip-top bag with a rolling pin until fine.
- Mix the cracker crumbs with the brown sugar and melted butter until well combined, then firmly pack the mixture into a 9×13-inch cake pan.
Making the Cheesecake Layer (30 minutes)
- Pour the whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla extract into a medium bowl and beat with a handheld electric mixer until stiff peaks form. The whipped cream shouldn’t fall out of the bowl if you turn it upside down.
- Place the softened cream cheese in a large bowl, then sift the icing sugar on top. Add the almond extract and beat with a handheld electric mixer until well blended, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add a couple large spoonfuls of whipped cream to the cream cheese and stir in vigorously to loosen the mixture, then fold in the rest of the whipped cream until well blended.
- Spread the cheesecake mixture evenly over the graham cracker crust.
Adding the Cherry Topping (5 minutes + 8 hours chilling)
- Gently spread the cherry pie filling evenly over the cheesecake layer, then cover and chill for at least 8 hours to allow the cheesecake to set and the base to harden.
- Once chilled, cut in slices and serve immediately.
- If your cherry pie filling isn’t very tart, add lemon juice, one tablespoon at a time, until it’s the desired level of tartness.
- Leftover cheesecake keeps well in the fridge for 3 to 4 days when covered tightly with aluminum foil.
Keywords: no bake, cherry cheesecake