This delicious Oreo mug cake takes minutes to make, and will satisfy your sweet tooth. You'll love the moist texture and delicious flavor that this fluffy treat has!
This mug cake takes basic pantry ingredients that you probably already have! That means you can whip up this treat anytime you're craving it. (If you're doing the TikTok version, you'll only need 2 ingredients: Oreos and milk.)
- All-Purpose Flour: this type of flour is the best for this recipe.
- Baking Powder: This is the only rising agent in this dessert. Don't know if yours is still active? Use this test to tell.
- Milk: I used whole milk, but you can swap this out for any non-dairy milk too.
- Oil: I like light-tasting olive oil, but you can use coconut oil or melted butter as well.
- Oreo Cookies: Of course, this is the key ingredient! Finely crush three Oreos and mix them into the batter. You can also coarsely crumble up one or two extra Oreos and mix the larger chunks into the batter.
See recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- TikTok Version: Finely crush 6 Oreos and mix with ¼ cup of milk. Microwave on high for 75-90 seconds, then let it cool and enjoy.
- Vegan: Just swap out the dairy milk with almond or coconut milk, and make sure to use vegan Oreo cookies (affiliate).
- Gluten Free: Use a good-quality measure-for-measure gluten free flour (affiliate) and gluten free Oreos (affiliate).
- Chocolate: Use our microwave brownie recipe and replace the chopped walnuts with crushed Oreos.
How to Make
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a 16-ounce mug (affiliate) until well combined.
- Add the milk, oil, and vanilla extract.
3. Mix the batter until it's well combined, making sure there are no streaks of flour.
4. Crush 3 Oreo cookies in a sandwich bag. Make sure there are some fine crumbs and a few larger pieces.
5. Stir the crushed cookies into the batter.
6. Microwave on high for 2 minutes with a plate underneath. You'll know it's cooked when a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
7. Let it cool for about 10 minutes, then garnish with a cookie if desired.
8. Enjoy your freshly made treat!
Very finely crush 6 Oreos, then mix it with ¼ cup of milk to make a batter. Microwave on high for 75 seconds, then let it cool for 10 minutes. Although this version has a cake-like texture, it doesn't taste much like Oreos and is rather bland.
Fortunately, making this dessert is super simple! Just mix together the dry ingredients, then add the wet ingredients and stir to combine. Mix in some crushed Oreos and microwave on high for 2 minutes with a plate underneath.
These microwave treats can be rubbery because of too much oil or other moisture in the batter or because of overcooking. However, if you follow this recipe, it should turn out great!
I've never tried baking it in the oven, but feel free to try. I'd recommend baking it in an large oven-safe ramekin (with a small baking tray underneath in case it overflows) at 350°F for 20 minutes as a good starting point. The dessert will be done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
This treat tastes the best plain (in my opinion), but you can also serve it with frosting or with ice cream. Vanilla, chocolate, or cookies and cream are great flavors to try.
I'd recommend eating this treat on the same day that you make it for the best taste. However, if you can't finish it all in one sitting, just cover it with plastic wrap and let it stand at room temperature for up to 48 hours.
- Use a microwave-safe mug only. You'll want to make sure it's 16 ounces in size, which means it can hold 2 cups of water.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly. You don't want streaks or lumps of unmixed flour.
- Crush the Oreos unevenly. Have mostly fine to medium crumbs, but leave a few larger chunks. Or, you can crush all three Oreos finely and crumble up a couple extra cookies in larger pieces.
- Place the mug on a plate while it's cooking to catch any overflow.
- Let the treat cool for 10 minutes before eating, as it is extremely hot.
Other Cake Recipes
If you liked this recipe and found it helpful, give it some love by sharing!
The pleasure of a 5-star review would be greatly appreciated!
Oreo Mug Cake
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 regular Oreo cookies, crushed
- Pour the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a large, 16-ounce mug. Stir the dry ingredients together until well blended.
- Add the milk, oil, and vanilla to the dry ingredients and stir well, making sure to get into the corners of the mug. Stir the batter until most of the lumps are gone.
- Place three Oreo cookies, with the filling, in a sandwich bag and crush them with a rolling pin or meat mallet.
- Stir the crushed Oreos into the batter and microwave it on high for 2 minutes with a plate underneath. It is done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for at least 10 minutes before enjoying, as it will be very hot. Enjoy while it's warm or at room temperature.
- Don't know how much your mug holds? A 16-ounce mug will hold 2 cups of water.
- It's very important to make sure that the ingredients are well mixed, and that there are no streaks of unincorporated flour.
- Finely crushed Oreos will be more evenly distributed, giving the dessert a better flavor. I like to coarsely crumble one or two extra Oreos for extra large chunks.
- Use a plate underneath the mug while baking in the microwave.
- We used a white porcelain mug and got consistently good results.
Serving sizes and nutritional information are only an estimate and may vary from your results.