We handpicked the products and tools linked in this post. If you buy from one of these affiliate links, we may earn a small commission.
This no bake frozen grasshopper pie has been our family-favorite St. Patrick’s Day dessert for a few years now! It’s super easy to make, and only takes a few ingredients. In 30 minutes, you’ll have this delicious treat ready to go into the freezer.
Want to see our latest recipes? Subscribe to our email newsletter to get our latest recipes, fun food facts, food puns, and behind the scenes news about our blog.
What is grasshopper pie made of?
This no bake version consists of a cheesecake-like frozen filling (made from cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and whipped cream) and a chocolatey Oreo crust. It’s decorated with mint Oreos and whipped cream.
Why is it called grasshopper pie?
The bright green color of creme de menthe reminded someone of grasshoppers, hence the name. This recipe doesn’t contain any alcohol or creme de menthe, but it still has a minty green color and wonderful peppermint flavor.
How far can I make this in advance?
It will keep for a month in the freezer! Just make sure to keep it covered with foil to keep other food odors out.
How to Make
- Beat the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk together.
- Add green food coloring and peppermint extract to taste.
- Whip some heavy cream until it’s stiff.
- Fold it into the green mixture until smooth.
- Pour into an Oreo crust and decorate with mint Oreos.
- Freeze for 24 hours.
- Decorate, slice, and enjoy.
- Add extra minty flavor by making your own Oreo crust with mint Oreos.
- Use full-fat cream cheese for the creamiest flavor and best texture.
- Make your own whipped cream. Cool-Whip doesn’t taste as good!
- Freeze for 24 hours before slicing to ensure that it’s fully frozen.
- Can’t find mint Oreos? Just use regular ones.
Other No Bake Desserts
The pleasure of a 5-star review would be greatly appreciated.Print
This super easy recipe for no bake frozen grasshopper pie is made with an Oreo crust, cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and other yummy ingredients. This St. Patrick’s Day mint treat is sure to become a family favorite!
For the Pie
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Green food coloring
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 9-inch homemade Oreo crust
For the Decoration
- 7 mint Oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 15 mini M&Ms
Making the Filling (20 min)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth, then scrape down the sides and beat in the sweetened condensed milk until well blended.
- Add the peppermint extract and enough green food coloring to color it mint green. Keep in mind that the color will lighten when the whipped cream is folded into the mixture.
- Whip the whipping cream until it is quite firm, but not dry. Fold it into the peppermint mixture until it is well mixed, then pour into the Oreo crust and smooth the top.
Decorating the Pie (10 min + 20 hrs freezing)
- Take the top cookie off of each Oreo, then slice all the tops and bottoms in half to get 14 mint halves and 14 plain halves. Arrange the Oreo halves around the edge in a decorative pattern. Crush any extra Oreos to make cookie crumbs.
- Whip the cream until it holds stiff peaks, then pipe it on the pie to decorate. Add mini M&Ms and Oreo crumbs if desired.
- Freeze for at least 20 hours before serving. If it is hard to slice, let it sit on the counter for 5-10 minutes and use a hot, dry knife to slice it.
- Be sure to use full-fat cream cheese for the best flavor and texture.
- To increase the mint flavor, use mint Oreos in the homemade Oreo crust instead of the regular ones. Make sure they’re not the Double Stuf or thin ones, though!
- Glass pie plates work well for homemade Oreo crusts.
- Serve it frozen and store the leftovers in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- If you must keep it out of the freezer for a long time, put the dish in a larger dish filled with ice to help keep it cold.
- Category: Pies
- Method: Frozen
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: grasshopper pie recipe no alcohol, frozen grasshopper pie