We handpicked the products and tools linked in this post. If you buy from one of these affiliate links, we may earn a small commission. Thanks for supporting Savor the Flavour!
This recipe was originally published on November 10, 2017.
It’s really easy to make your own Oreo pie crust at home. Whether you don’t have time to run to the store, or just want the satisfaction of making it yourself, it’s fun and easy to make. Plus, it only takes 2 delicious ingredients!
What is an Oreo pie crust?
An Oreo pie crust isn’t pastry; it’s simply cookie crumbs that are mixed with melted butter to hold them together. The mixture is tightly packed into a pie plate and chilled or baked to firm it up.
How many Oreos make a cup of crumbs?
It takes about 20 to 22 Oreos to make 1 1/2 cups of crumbs. My recipe uses 24 Oreo cookies, so you should have just over 1 1/2 cups of cookie crumbs.
Can you buy Oreo crumbs?
Yes, you can buy Oreo crumbs already made. However, it’s super quick and easy to make your own.
How do you crush Oreos for pie crust?
You can use either a food processor or a rolling pin to crush the Oreo cookies. There’s no need to remove the cream filling before crushing the cookies. Simply blitz whole Oreos in a food processor or crush them in a zip-top bag with a rolling pin.
Is Oreo pie crust gluten free?
Oreo pie crust is not gluten free, because Oreos are made with wheat flour. If you want a gluten free crust, you can buy gluten free Oreos or make your own.
Is Oreo pie crust vegan?
Although Oreos themselves are vegan, this pie crust recipe is not. If you want to make a vegan version, use vegan butter or coconut oil instead of the butter.
Can you bake Oreo pie crust?
Yes, you can bake an Oreo pie crust for an extra crispy crust. Simply pop it into a 350 F for 8-10 minutes, then let it cool on a wire rack before adding the pie filling.
Can I freeze Oreo pie crust?
Yes, you can freeze a homemade Oreo pie crust. Simply cover it with aluminum foil and seal it inside of a freezer zip-top bag. Freeze for up to 3 months.
How to Make Oreo Pie Crust from Scratch
You’ll simply need 2 ingredients: 24 Oreo cookies and butter.
Put the cookies in a food processor. If you don’t have a food processor, put the Oreos in a freezer Ziploc bag.
Process the Oreos into fine crumbs. If you’re using the Ziploc bag method, crush the cookies with a rolling pin.
Melt the butter in the microwave or in a saucepan on the stove.
Mix the Oreo cookie crumbs and the melted butter together. Squeeze a clump of the mixture together; if it falls apart into dry little pieces, add more butter, but if it holds its shape, it’s perfect.
Pack the mixture into a 9-inch pie plate. Use the flat bottom of a measuring cup to get an even surface.
It’s easier to use a spoon to pack the cookie crumbs around the edges of the pie plate.
Chill the Oreo pie crust in the fridge for 20-30 minutes or in the freezer for 1 hour before using. If you want a baked version, bake the crust at 350 F for 8-10 minutes. Now, you’re ready to go!
- Crush all the Oreos finely. Make sure there are no chunks or clumps.
- Squeeze a handful of the mixture to see if there’s enough butter to hold the mixture together. That means your crust will hold together nicely.
- Make sure to pack the crust tightly, or it will fall apart when you try to cut the pie.
- Want a baked crust? Bake it at 350 F for 8 to 10 minutes, until firm to the touch.
Our Go-To Kitchen Tools
- Original Oreo Cookies: you can never go wrong with Oreo cookies!
- Hamilton Beach Food Processor: you’ll have Oreo cookie crumbs in seconds with this processor.
- Rolling Pin: don’t have a food processor? Use a trusty rolling pin to crush your Oreos.
- Ziploc Freezer Bags: these are the perfect bags for crushing Oreos with a rolling pin.
- 9-Inch Glass Pie Plate: this is a great all-purpose pie plate that can go in the freezer or the oven.
Use your homemade Oreo pie crust in one of these delicious desserts.
- Frozen Peppermint Pie: this pretty pie has a creamy, smooth texture and is perfect for Christmas.
- No Bake Grasshopper Pie: this mint Oreo dessert has a beautiful cheesecake texture and chocolatey flavor.
- Frozen Peanut Butter Pie: this lightly sweet dessert has all the peanut buttery goodness you love.
The pleasure of a 5-star review for this Oreo pie crust would be greatly appreciated.Print
Learn how to make this super simple Oreo pie crust in both baked and no bake versions. Use this homemade crust for cheesecake, pies, or other desserts. It only takes 2 ingredients to make your own Oreo crust!
- 24 Oreo cookies, including cream filling (272g)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (60g)
- Crush the cookies in a food processor until they turn into fine crumbs. Do not remove the cream filling from the Oreos.
- Pour the crumbs into a bowl and thoroughly mix in the melted butter. If you squeeze a fistful of the mixture together, it should hold its shape without falling apart. If the mixture is too dry and crumbly, add more melted butter.
- Press the crumbs into a 9-inch pie plate, using a flat-bottomed object like a measuring cup, and a spoon. Make sure the crumbs are firmly packed in an even thickness around the base and sides.
- No Bake Crust: Chill the crust for 20-30 minutes in the fridge or 1 hour in the freezer before using.
- Baked Crust: Bake the crust at 350 F for 8-10 minutes, until crisp; then let it cool on a wire rack.
- Make this recipe perfectly the first time. Check out the step-by-step photos and pro tips before the recipe card.
- The pleasure of a 5-star review for this Oreo pie crust recipe would be greatly appreciated.
- 👩🏻🍳 Want to see our latest recipes? Subscribe to our email newsletter to get our latest recipes, fun food facts, food puns, and behind the scenes news about our blog.
- Category: Pies
- Method: Chilled
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oreo pie crust, no bake oreo pie crust