Looking for a delicious virgin strawberry daiquiri? This recipe is quick to make, and only takes 4 ingredients. It's a simple drink that will be popular with kids and adults alike!
Love daiquiris? You'll want to try our non-alcoholic versions of mango daiquiri, raspberry daiquiri, and mango daiquiri.
Want to see our latest recipes? Subscribe to our email newsletter to get our latest recipes, fun food facts, food puns, and behind the scenes news about our blog.
Why This Recipe Works
Curious why this recipe is better than other virgin strawberry daiquiri mocktail recipes? Let me tell you!
- Using a mixture of fresh and frozen strawberries eliminates the need for ice, which can water down the strawberry flavor.
- Freshly squeezed lime juice adds a brightness and tartness to the drink that is far better than bottled lime juice.
- Simulate the flavor of an alcoholic daiquiri by adding a small amount of rum extract. This step is optional.
Wondering what ingredients you need to make this simple virgin strawberry daiquiri? Let's talk about the most important ones.
- Strawberries: Use a combination of fresh and frozen berries, and you won't need to add ice.
- Lime Juice: Make sure to use freshly squeezed lime juice, as it tastes so much better than bottled.
- Simple Syrup: This mixture of granulated sugar and water sweetens the drink and brings out the strawberry flavor.
- Rum Extract: This is an optional ingredient that can help the drink taste a little like an alcoholic one.
- If you use all fresh strawberries, you'll need to add 1-2 cups of crushed ice.
- Use all frozen strawberries if you prefer.
- Swap the lime juice for lemon juice or use a mix of the two.
- Use a honey simple syrup instead for a different flavor.
How to Make
Gather the ingredients you need: frozen strawberries, fresh strawberries, freshly squeezed lime juice, simple syrup, and rum extract.
- Puree the fresh strawberries, then mix in the lime juice, simple syrup, and rum extract.
- Blend in the frozen strawberries, then taste and adjust the lime juice, rum extract, or simple syrup if desired.
3. Pour this virgin daiquiri into 12-ounce hurricane glasses and garnish with a slice of lime and strawberry.
4. Enjoy while it's frozen!
Yes, you definitely can enjoy this virgin strawberry daiquiri if you're pregnant. You can omit the rum extract from this recipe if you like.
You can make your own strawberry daiquiri (nonalcoholic, of course) by blending strawberries, lime juice, simple syrup, and rum extract in a blender. It's super simple and quick!
Per 12 fl oz serving, this virgin strawberry daiquiri recipe contains 63g of carbs. However, it does contain 4.4g of fiber, which lowers the "actual" carb count to 58g.
No, strawberry daiquiri mixes do not contain alcohol, and neither does this recipe for a virgin strawberry daiquiri.
Serve this virgin strawberry daiquiri in hurricane glasses and garnish as desired with lime slices and strawberry slices.
Looking for other foods to serve with virgin strawberry daiquiri? You'll enjoy these tasty sides and snacks!
- Fresh fruit, like this Chick-fil-A fruit cup
- Cheese and crackers
- Spicy nuts or Chex party mix
- Crab salad sandwiches
- Chocolate-covered strawberries or strawberry truffles
Make Ahead: Make the daiquiri in a blender, then pour into a freezer-safe container and freeze until ready to serve. Before serving, let the mixture set on the counter for 20-30 minutes and break up any clumps of frozen mixture.
Leftovers: Leftover daiquiri can be frozen in a freezer-safe container until you're ready to enjoy it.
- Don't let the frozen berries defrost, or the drink won't be as thick and icy.
- Make your own simple syrup. Dissolve 1 cup of sugar (200g) and 1 cup of water (236 ml) in a saucepan set over medium-high heat. Chill before using. It will keep for 1 week in the fridge.
- Squeeze your own lime juice. The bottled kind doesn't taste as good.
- Microwave the limes briefly to soften them before juicing.
- Make this ahead by pouring the drink into freezer-safe container. Let it thaw for 30-45 minutes, stir until slushy, then serve.
Other Frozen Drinks You'll Love
If you liked this recipe and found it helpful, give it some love by sharing!
Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook for more crave-worthy recipes!
The pleasure of a 5-star review would be greatly appreciated.
Virgin Strawberry Daiquiri
- 4 cups frozen strawberries, 470g
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup simple syrup, chilled
- ¾ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ teaspoon rum extract
- 1 fresh lime, thinly sliced (for garnish)
- Rinse, hull, and slice the strawberries until you have 1 cup (136g). Squeeze the fresh lime juice and slice a fresh lime for the garnish.
- Pull out the frozen strawberries from the freezer and let them thaw just for a minute or two.
- Place the fresh strawberries, simple syrup, lime juice, and rum extract in a blender and blend until very smooth, then gradually blend in the frozen strawberries until no chunks remain.
- Use fresh and frozen strawberries for the best flavor and texture in this virgin daiquiri.
- Adjust the amount of simple syrup, lime juice, and rum extract to taste. You might need to add more simple syrup if the berries aren't as sweet.
- Make your own simple syrup by dissolving 1 cup of sugar in 1 cup of water in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Chill in the fridge until cool. Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Squeeze your own lime juice with a citrus press for the best flavor. Warm the limes in the microwave to help them yield the most juice.
- Make the drink ahead of time and freeze it. Take it out of the freezer about 30-45 minutes ahead of time and break it up with a fork until slushy, then serve.
Serving sizes and nutritional information are only an estimate and may vary from your results.
Leave a Reply