A hurricane mocktail is an easy recipe to make for a crowd in a pitcher. Learn how to make this popular Mardis Gras drink for parties the classic way, and also as a frozen slushie. It's simple, fun, fruity, and refreshing.
For a Pitcher
- 3 cups Welch's passionfruit juice (710 ml)
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice (355 ml)
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice (355 ml)
- 3/4 cups freshly squeezed lime juice, about 8 medium limes (175 ml)
- 3/4 cup simple syrup (175 ml)
- 3/4 cup grenadine (175 ml)
- 1 teaspoon rum extract (5 ml)
- Chilled lemon-lime soda, such as Sprite
- Crushed ice, for each glass
- 8 maraschino cherries
- 8 orange slices, from 2 navel oranges
- 8 bamboo skewers
- Combine all the drink ingredients except the Sprite in a large pitcher. Cover and refrigerate the pitcher if you're making this ahead.
- When ready to serve, place crushed ice in each glass, then fill each hurricane glass 3/4 full. Fill the glass with Sprite, then gently stir. Garnish with a pick of 3 maraschino cherries and an orange slice. Serve cold.
- The ratios for this drink is 2:1:1 for passion fruit, orange and pineapple then 1/2:1/2:1/2 for lime juice, simple syrup, and grenadine.
- Don't like your drink diluted? Make extra juice mix and freeze it in ice cube trays. Use that instead of ice in the drinks.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: how to make a hurricane drink, passionfruit punch recipe