Sautéed kale with mushrooms is a healthy recipe for families looking for an easy side dish. It’s low carb, clean eating, and tastes amazing. Reap the great health benefits of kale tonight by filling up a bowl with orzo pasta and topping it with this simple kale recipe.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons garlic, minced (about 6 cloves)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 pound kale, rinsed and cut into pieces
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven, then sauté the minced garlic until fragrant, about a minute.
- While the olive oil is heating up in the Dutch oven, melt the butter in a large frying pan. Add the mushrooms and cook over medium high heat until the mushrooms are golden brown and all the liquid has evaporated.
- Once the garlic is done, stir in the kale a little at a time. Pour in the chicken stock, cover, and cook for 5 minutes over medium high heat. The kale will significantly reduce in volume and will turn a bright green.
- Uncover the pot and cook for another minute, or until the chicken stock has evaporated.
- Remove from the heat and season with salt, black pepper, and white wine vinegar. Add the mushrooms and toss until well combined. Serve as a side dish or mixed in with orzo pasta.
- Use kale that is pre-cut and pre-washed to save time.
- Swap out different kinds of vinegars or oils for a slight variation.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy, garlic