By Savor the Flavour
This moist, fluffy bread is flavored with orange blossoms and decorated with fruit.
Grab these ingredients, and then you'll be ready to bake your own amazing roscón de reyes!
1. Mix the salt and yeast into the flour, making sure the salt and yeast don't touch. 2. Add the wet ingredients.
3. Gradually add the warm milk and stir to form a dough. 4. Knead for 5-7 minutes on low speed.
5. Let the dough rise for 2 hrs, or until nearly doubled. 6. Punch down and shape into a ring.
7. Let it rise until it's nearly doubled, 45-60 min, then brush with egg and decorate with fruit. 8. Bake at 400°F for 10 min, then at 375°F for 10-15 min.
9. Let the roscón cool completely, then split it half and fill with Chantilly cream. 10. Hide the bean and baby Jesus figurine inside the bread.
Slice the roscón and serve with Spanish hot chocolate. Whoever gets the bean has to make next year's roscón, and whoever gets the figurine is crowned king for the day.