by savor the flavour
What You Need
You'll be making this delicious Italian bread in no time!
Mix up the dough.
1. Heat the milk and water to 115°F in a small saucepan. 2. Mix the salt and yeast into the flour.
3. Add the liquid gradually and stir together to form a sticky dough. 4. Knead until the dough is smooth and stretchy, about 4-5 minutes.
Stir and knead.
Time to prove.
5. Shape the dough into a ball and place in an oiled bowl. 6. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rise until doubled in size, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
Shape and fill.
7. Punch down the dough and roll it into a large rectangle. Spread with the fillings and roll it up. 8. Split the roll into two pieces and twist into a figure 8.
9. Cover the pane bianco with plastic wrap and let it rise until it barely springs back to the touch. 10. Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes, then let it cool on a wire rack.
Bake and cool.
Enjoy this delicious Italian white bread while it's fresh! You'll love every bite of this pane bianco.