You don't need anything fancy to whip up a pot of this yummy ham and bean soup!
1. Rinse the dried beans and discard any discolored ones. 2. Boil them in water for 2 minutes, then let them soak for 1 hr. Repeat this step.
3. Saute the veggies for 8 min, then add the spices. 4. Pour in a little stock and scrape the bottom to deglaze.
5. Add the liquids, ham, and bay leaves. 6. Add the beans and a bundle of fresh thyme. Simmer 2 hours.
7. Adjust seasonings to taste, then remove the bay leaves. 8. Remove from the heat and stir in the heavy cream.
9. Let the soup heat through over low heat. 10. Ladle the soup into bowls and enjoy while it's hot.
Enjoy every savory spoonful of this creamy, old-fashioned ham and bean soup!