BY SAVOR THE FLAVOUR
1. Saute the onions, then add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. 2. Add the roasted red peppers, tomato paste, spices, and broth and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Add the lime juice and chicken. 4. Divide the empanada dough into 16 pieces, then roll each one into a circle.
Time to shape.
5. Place 1/8 cup of filling on the center of each disc of dough. 6. Brush the edge with egg wash, fold it over, and pinch to seal.
7. Fold the dough over your fingertip to create the rope-like crimped edge. 8. Use a sharp knife to make two vent holes on each empanada.
Bake & cool.
9. Brush with egg wash and bake at 375°F for 35-40 minutes. 10. Let them cool on a rack for at least 20 minutes before serving.