Watermelon slushie mocktail is a healthy-ish drink recipe your family will love! Frozen watermelon, lime juice, sugar, and frozen strawberries blend together to create this refreshing, nonalcoholic summer drink.
- 5 2/3 cups watermelon, cubed (1.1kg)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries (118g)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (100g)
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (79 ml)
Prepping the Watermelon (10 min + 2 1/2 hrs freezing)
- Slice half of a large melon, discarding the rinds and seeds. Cube up 5 2/3 cups of melon (1.1 kg) and spread it out in a single layer on a small cookie sheet. Freeze for at least 1 hour, but preferably 2 1/2 hours.
Making the Slushie (5 min)
- Blend together the frozen strawberries, sugar, and lime juice in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Gradually add the frozen watermelon and blend until smooth. Adjust the sugar and lime juice to taste. Serve immediately, or pour into a pitcher and store in the freezer until ready to serve.
- Squeeze your own lime juice for the best flavor.
- If the slushie is too thick, add a little water or additional lime juice.
- If the slushie isn’t thick enough, freeze it for an hour or two; then break up the icy clumps until smooth.
- This drink melts very quickly, so store it in the freezer until ready to serve.
- Category: Beverages
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: watermelon slushie, mocktail