Waldorf salad with turkey is a healthy recipe that has tart apples, sweet grapes, creamy mayo, crunchy walnuts, and dried cranberries. Use up your leftover turkey to make this classic salad with a simple dressing. Serve with lettuce for a light supper, or make into a sandwich for an easy lunch; either way, it’s sure to please.
For the Dressing
- 1 cup Duke’s mayo (185g)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (15 ml)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (15 ml)
- sprinkle of salt and black pepper
For the Salad
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (58g)
- 2 2/3 cups turkey, chopped (354g)
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved (151g)
- 1 Granny Smith apple, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (55g)
- 1 head of butter lettuce (165g)
Making the Dressing
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings if desired.
Making the Salad
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Toast the walnuts by spreading them on a small baking tray and baking them for 6 minutes. Remove from the oven, shake the pan to redistribute the nuts, and bake for another 6 minutes. Test to see if they are done by tasting one walnut piece. The walnuts should look browned and taste toasted.
- Toss the chopped apples with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Gently toss together the turkey, grapes, apples, and dried cranberries in a large bowl.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss to coat each piece. Cover and chill for a minimum of 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, stir the toasted walnuts into the salad. Line each dinner plate or a serving platter with butter lettuce leaves and place the Waldorf salad on top of the lettuce. Serve cold.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Chopped
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: creamy waldorf salad, waldorf salad with turkey