A refreshing non alcoholic summer drink, virgin peach daiquiri is the perfect treat for kids, teens, and adults. This easy mocktail is made with fresh peaches, simple syrup, rum extract, and ice, plus a garnish of mint. It’s a great way to enjoy fresh peaches while they’re in season!
- 6 cups (1.05 kg) peeled and diced fresh peaches (about 8 large peaches)
- 1 cup simple syrup
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 cups crushed ice
- 4 sprigs of fresh mint
Preparing the Peaches (30 minutes)
- Rinse about 8 large peaches, then peel them. If they aren't very soft, peel them with a vegetable peeler or paring knife. However, if they are very soft and ripe, cut a shallow X at the pointed end of each peach and submerge them in boiling water for 40-60 seconds, then place in an ice water bath to cool. The skin should peel off easily.
- Cut the peaches by slicing them in half, then twisting or pulling the two halves apart. Pull or cut out the pit, then cut each one into 8 slices. Cut each slice into 4-5 smaller chunks. You should have 6 cups of diced peaches (1.05 kg).
Making the Peach Daiquiri (20 minutes)
- Puree the fruit 1 cup at a time. You should have about 4 cups of puree.
- Stir together the puree, simple syrup, lemon juice, and rum extract in a large pitcher; then pour 2 cups of the mixture into the blender. Gradually blend in half of the crushed ice, then divide the daiquiri among four 12-ounce hurricane glasses.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture and crushed ice. Serve the daiquiris immediately with a sprig of fresh mint.
- Use fresh peaches instead of canned for a better flavor. If you are using canned, use two 29-ounce cans of sliced peaches in juice, and add additional lemon juice and rum extract to taste.
- Squeeze your own lemon juice for the best flavor.
- Make your own simple syrup. Stir together 1 cup of granulated sugar and 1 cup of filtered water in a small saucepan set over medium heat until the sugar is fully dissolved. Chill until cool.
- Adjust the flavorings to taste. Depending upon the fruit, you might need to add extra simple syrup.
- Want a frozen daiquiri? Freeze the peeled and diced fresh peaches on a cookie sheet for a few hours, then blend with the remaining ingredients except the fresh mint. Be sure to use a powerful blender.
- Category: Beverages
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peach daiquiri, mock, non alcoholic