Fall in love with our vegan taco salad! It’s an easy recipe that is fantastic for meal prep. This is high in iron and protein, and free from nuts, gluten, and dairy. Skillet corn, black beans, cauliflower pepita taco meat, and avocado cilantro dressing are just some of the tasty ingredients. Try this tonight!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup fresh corn, from one cob (100g)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 romaine lettuce head
- 2 cups vegan taco meat
- 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 1/4 of a red onion, chopped (57g)
- 1 large jalapeno, finely chopped
- grape tomatoes, halved (230g)
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups avocado cilantro dressing
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped as garnish
- 12 organic blue corn tortilla chips (28g)
- Heat up the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat until the oil is shimmering. Add the corn kernels and cook until they have browned, about 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium after a few minutes of cooking.
- Remove the corn from the skillet, and place it in a bowl. Pour the freshly squeezed lime juice and then sprinkle on the salt and cumin to taste. Mix well.
- Line 6 plates each with 2 large leaves of romaine lettuce that have been rinsed and cut into bite-sized pieces. Divide remaining ingredients equally between 6 plates. Finish by drizzling the avocado cilantro dressing on top of each the taco salad. Garnish with triangular blue corn chips tucked into the side.
- Prep everything the night before for an easy weeknight meal.
- Assemble the taco salad in 2 pint mason jars or rectangular containers for a grab and go lunch.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Vegan taco salad meal prep, vegan taco salad dressing, plant based