Our easy vegan stir fry sauce is quick, healthy, and soy free. Serve this versatile homemade sauce over vegetables, ramen, or noodles. It's simple to whisk together on a busy night and is low in calories. It's delicious, flavorful, and gluten free friendly.
- Toast seeds. In a small frying pan set over medium heat, toast the white sesame seeds for 2 1/2 minutes or until golden brown, stirring constantly.
- Combine. Add all the ingredients to a small bowl, except for the cornstarch slurry. Whisk until well combined, then pour into a mason jar, seal, and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- Thicken. Make a slurry by whisking 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 2 tablespoons cold water until smooth, then add it to the sauce and whisk until combined. Do this only right before using the sauce.
- For a stir fry: When the vegetables are almost cooked, pour in all of the sauce and cook for 5 minutes until the sauce thickens, stir to coat the vegetables, and serve hot over rice or noodles.
- For a dipping sauce or sauce for noodles: Heat up the vegan stir fry sauce in a small covered saucepan and bring it to a boil. Add the cornstarch slurry, lower the temperature to medium low and let the sauce gently boil for 12 minutes until thickened while whisking occasionally. Use with Asian dumplings, spring rolls, or fried tofu as a hot or cold dipping sauce. This sauce also tastes fantastic over Thai brown rice noodles, if you're craving a bowl of noodles. Garnish with green onion and black sesame seeds.
- Whisk the cornstarch with cold water first before adding to the sauce.
- Don't add the cornstarch slurry until ready to use in a stir fry or a dipping sauce. The slurry will help thicken the sauce once heated for a few minutes.
- If you want to make the stir fry in the photo, use olive oil, onion, garlic, ginger, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, red cabbage, mini corn, and water chestnuts. Add all the stir fry sauce near the end and heat until sauce thickens, salt to taste, and garnish with black sesame seeds.
- Category: Condiment
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asain
Keywords: vegan stir fry sauce no soy, healthy stir fry sauce