Marinated tomato olive salad is a healthy, easy salad recipe that’s quick to prepare. Our simple dressing is made with olive oil, vinegar, sugar, and spices. Pour this over the tomatoes, onions, and olives for a delicious Mediterranean salad.
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved (174g)
- 1/2 cup green olives, halved (76g)
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, halved (84g)
- 2 teaspoons green onion, finely chopped (8g)
- 3 tablespoons red pepper, minced (39g)
- 1 tablespoon capers (15g)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil (35 ml)
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar (10 ml)
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- Rinse and cut in half the tomatoes, green olives, and Kalamata olives. Rinse and finely chop the green onion and red pepper.
- Stir together the tomatoes, olives, onion, pepper, and capers until well mixed.
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, sugar, oregano, salt, and pepper to make the vinaigrette. Pour it over the ingredients and toss gently.
- Chill for at least one hour. Serve cold.
- Leave out the tomatoes until a couple of hours before serving if you are making the night before.
- Let it chill for at least one hour in the fridge for the flavors to mingle for the best flavor.
- Use Roma tomatoes and scoop out the seeds if you can’t eat tomato seeds.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Chilled
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: tomato salad, tomato olive oil salad