Toasted almond and cranberry salad starts with a mixture of fresh greens that are tart and mild. The mix I used featured organic baby spinach, baby lettuce blend, baby greens, arugula, radicchio, and red kale. 🥗 Next, shave two carrots for added texture, color and sweetness. Toast the slivered almonds in melted butter for a few minutes until they are a nice shade of brown. In two small bowls, measure out the feta cheese and dried cranberries. Prepping these four ingredients ahead of time makes it super simple to assemble. Now you have a homemade salad kit! 🤗
The honey Dijon dressing comes together in a few minutes and tastes amazing. If you are looking for an easy make ahead salad for your next dinner party, look no further! This recipe is fantastic for a healthy lunch or a side dish for your holiday entertaining. Check out our Christmas recipes for more recipe inspiration!
Looking for a simple, healthy lunch recipe? A quick balsamic dressing drizzled over a spinach and lettuce blend topped with dried cranberries, feta cheese, and toasted almonds is the answer! This toasted almond and cranberry salad is the perfect low carb lunch or dinner party salad.
For the Salad
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 large carrots, peeled and shaved
- 8 cups mixed salad greens, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
For the Dressing
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a small saucepan, toast the sliced almonds over medium heat in melted butter for 3 to 4 minutes or until nicely brown. Stir continuously and watch them closely, as they can burn easily.
- Wash and peel two carrots, then shave them using a vegetable peeler.
- Measure out the feta cheese and the dried cranberries. Place the shaved carrots, cheese, cranberries, and almonds in small bowls. This is a great place to stop if you wanted to make this the night before.
- Just before you want to serve the salad, prepare the homemade salad dressing by whisking together the vinegar, Dijon, honey, salt and black pepper. Slowly add the olive oil. Whisk well.
- To assemble the salad, reserve some of the shaved carrots, dried cranberries, toasted almonds and feta cheese. Mix together all the ingredients in a large bowl, pour on the salad dressing, and toss to combine. As a garnish, sprinkle the reserved carrots, cranberries, almonds and feta cheese on top.
- Serve immediately.