Overnight three bean salad is the perfect summer recipe for your clean eating weight loss plan. This classic salad is large enough to serve a crowd at your next outdoor party. It’s easy, healthy, and low carb. What’s stopping you from making this tasty salad to enjoy?
For the Salad
- 1 14.5-ounce can green beans, no salt added
- 1 16-ounce can reduced sodium garbanzo beans
- 1 15.5-ounce can dark red kidney beans, no salt added
- 1 15.5-ounce can light red kidney beans, no salt added
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, finely diced
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup vinegar (white balsamic, distilled white, or apple cider)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
Making the Dressing
- In a small saucepan over high heat, pour in the vinegar, oil, sugar, and spices. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil for three minutes, then remove from the heat.
Making the Salad
- Drain each can of beans, rinse them under cold water, and drain in a colander. Place the beans in a large mixing bowl.
- Dice the onion and celery stalks into small pieces using a sharp knife or a food processor, then add to the bowl.
- Pour the hot dressing over the beans, onions and celery. Mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Put it in a serving bowl, then cover and refrigerate for 12-24 hours to give it time to marinate.
- Before serving, stir and adjust seasonings to taste. For example, I like this with extra vinegar, so I would add some more at this time.
- It’s best to make this the night before you need it.
- This recipe keeps well in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
- This tastes best when served cold.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bean salad, homemade, kidney beans