Thai vegetable stir fry is an easy recipe that is packed with tasty and colorful fresh veggies. The homemade peanut sauce is absolutely delicious, and will make this healthy stir fry a family favorite. Plus, this is vegan and gluten free.
For the Peanut Sauce
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter (64g)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil (30 ml)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar (60 ml)
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos (60 ml)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
For the Stir Fry
- 1 cup cashews (128g)
- 3 tablespoons light olive oil (45 ml)
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup carrot coins, peeled (120g)
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced (50g)
- 1 cup small broccoli florets (70g)
- 1 cup bok choy stems, cut on the diagonal (100g)
- 1 cup red bell pepper, cut into strips (95g)
- 1 cup snow peas (70g)
- 1 cup bok choy leaves, chopped (60g)
- If you are planning on serving this with rice or some other grain, cook it according to the package instructions.
- Put all the ingredients for the peanut sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk until combined and simmering, roughly 3 minutes.
- Dry toast the cashews in a wok over medium high heat. Remove from the heat and tip them into a large bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the wok, then cook the aromatics (onion, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes) over medium heat until softened. Dump them into the bowl of cashews.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the wok, then cook the carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, and bok choy stems over medium high heat. Constantly stir with a wooden spoon to prevent browning. Once they are cooked, remove them from the pan and place in the bowl.
- Pour in the last tablespoon of olive oil, then add the red pepper and cook for a minute before adding the snow peas. Stir constantly until almost done, then add the bok choy leaves and cook until they have wilted.
- Return the all of the vegetables, aromatics, and cashews back to the wok. Pour in the peanut sauce and stir with a wooden spoon until every piece is coated and heated through. This should take 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice, cauliflower rice, zoodles, or noodles.
- Don’t overcrowd the wok or the veggies will steam.
- For quicker cooking, cut all the veggies about the same size.
- Keep the veggies moving in the wok by stirring constantly.
- 1 cup sauce to 6 cups raw veggies, makes for the best flavor.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Wok
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: Thai vegetable stir fry with cashew nuts, Thai vegetable stir fry recipe