Our copycat recipe for Panda Express super greens will satisfy your takeout cravings! Learn how to make this quick and healthy side dish that's perfect for meal prep and busy weeknights. Plus, you can make it vegan and gluten free.
- 1/4 cup butter, vegan butter, or avocado oil (57g)
- 1/3 cup garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth (175 ml)
- 1 tablespoon sugar, optional
- 5 cups broccoli florets (420g)
- 4 cups kale, cut up (80g)
- 3 cups green cabbage, chopped (275g)
- Melt the butter or heat up the oil in a wok set over medium high heat. Saute the garlic and ginger for 1 minute, stirring with a wooden spoon. Add the spices and let them bloom for 30 seconds to 1 minute while stirring constantly. Set the mixture aside in a bowl.
- Stir the liquid aminos or soy sauce together with the vegetable broth, then pour it in the wok. If you want your super greens with a touch of sweetness, sprinkle in the sugar and stir until it dissolves.
- Add the broccoli florets, kale, and cabbage to the wok. Cook for 6 minutes, stirring constantly, until the veggies are tender but still crisp.
- Add the melted butter and aromatics mixture and stir until everything is well coated.
- Serve warm with a side of rice, rice noodles, or ramen.
- This recipe tastes better with butter instead of vegan butter or avocado oil.
- If you want this sweeter, add 1 tablespoon of sweetener, such as sugar or maple syrup.
- If you want this for a main meal, add a protein such as tofu, chickpeas, walnuts, cashews, chicken, beef, or shrimp.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: recipe, ingredients