Yogurt parfaits are such a delicious way to break the monotony of breakfast. The fresh berries and crunchy granola layered with the creamy yogurt is always a special summertime treat. An added bonus is, it’s healthy! These Stars and Stripes yogurt parfaits are an easy way to make a festive breakfast for July 4th.
Fresh berries and crunchy granola layered with creamy yogurt is a special way to break the monotony of breakfast. It’s also easy for kids to make on their own.
- 1 tub plain Greek yogurt (we used homemade)
- 1/2 c. granola (we used homemade)
- Fresh raspberries
- Fresh blueberries
- Select the glasses or bowls you would like to use.
- Put 3/4 inch of yogurt in each glass.
- Drop in a layer of blueberries, making sure they go up the edge of the glass.
- Spoon in another 1/2-inch layer of yogurt.
- Place the raspberries around the edge of the glass and fill in in the center.
- Top each parfait with yogurt.
- Sprinkle a layer of granola on top of the yogurt.
- Put a small blob of yogurt in the center of each parfait and top with a raspberry.
- Place 5 blueberries around each raspberry to form a star.
Encourage your older children or grandkids to make this recipe. They might even make one for you!