Spiced gingerbread bundt cake is an old fashioned Christmas dessert that’s moist and simple to decorate. Make this easy recipe for your Christmas party, or give as a gift. You’ll be coming back for a second slice of this holiday dessert!
- 2 tablespoons orange zest, from 1 large orange
- 1/4 cup orange juice, from 1 large orange (60 ml)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (360g)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened (115g)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed (100g)
- 1 cup molasses (300g)
- 1/2 cup warm buttermilk (120 ml)
- 1/4 cup black coffee, at room temperature (60 ml)
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Spray a 10-cup bundt pan with Baker’s Joy (a non-stick spray with flour in it), or grease and flour the pan thoroughly.
- Sift in the flour and baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and mace into a large bowl. Whisk until blended.
- Place the softened butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat until smooth. Add the brown sugar and beat on medium-high speed until fluffy and lightened in color, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl after 1 minute of mixing.
- Pour in the molasses and beat until well mixed. Add the eggs one at a time, adding two tablespoons of the flour mixture with each egg to prevent the mixture from curdling. Beat until smooth.
- Warm the buttermilk for 20 seconds in the microwave, stirring halfway through. Put a wooden or glass utensil in the milk as you microwave it to break the surface tension, which will prevent explosions.
- Add the buttermilk, coffee, orange juice, orange zest, and the rest of the flour mixture to the batter and stir on a low speed until combined, then beat until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and level the surface with a spatula.
- Bake in the middle of the oven at 350 F for 45-50 minutes, until a metal skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
- Cool the cake in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then turn out the cake onto a wire rack to cool for 30 minutes.
- After the cake has cooled for half an hour, sift a light dusting of powdered sugar on top of the cake. If you’re using a cream cheese glaze instead, wait until the cake is completely cooled, about 2 hours.
- Serve the cake in slices, warm or at room temperature.
- Make this recipe perfectly the first time. Check out the step-by-step photos and pro tips before the recipe card.
- The pleasure of a 5-star review for this gingerbread bundt cake recipe would be greatly appreciated.
- 👩🏻🍳 Want to see our latest recipes? Subscribe to our email newsletter to get our latest recipes, fun food facts, food puns, and behind the scenes news about our blog.
- Category: Cake
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Christmas gingerbread cake, gingerbread bundt cake