De-stress with these sparkling grapefruit and ginger fizz. They’re a refreshing, nonalcoholic drink made with ginger ale, ruby red grapefruit juice, and a simple syrup. It’s a perfect drink for a special dinner, baby shower, or ladies’ party!
For the Syrup (Makes about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and finely diced
For the Drinks
- 1 1/4 cup syrup (295 ml)
- 1 1/4 cup grapefruit juice, chilled (295 ml)
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 cups ginger ale, chilled (709 ml)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Mint leaves or sprigs
- 1 Cara Cara orange or grapefruit
Preparing the Syrup
- Place the sugar and water into a small saucepan and stir over medium heat until the sugar is fully dissolved. Add the peeled and finely diced ginger and let the syrup simmer over medium heat until thickened slightly, about 3-5 minutes.
- Cover the pot and let the syrup steep for 1 hour, then strain it.
Making the Drinks
- To coat the rim of the glasses, dip the rim the syrup, then dip it in granulated sugar. Use glasses with a 7 fluid ounce capacity.
- Combine the grapefruit juice, syrup, grated ginger, and soda in a pitcher until well blended.
- Place three ice cubes into each glass. Pour the drink mixture into the glasses using a plastic funnel to prevent spillage.
- Garnish each glass with a small citrus wedge and a mint leaf. Serve immediately.
- The pleasure of a 5-star review would be greatly appreciated.
- Want to see our latest recipes? Subscribe to our email newsletter to get our latest recipes, fun food facts, food puns, and behind the scenes news about our blog.
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Mixed
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: grapefruit drinks non alcoholic, grapefruit mocktail