We handpicked the products and tools linked in this post. If you buy from one of these affiliate links, we may earn a small commission. Thanks for supporting Savor the Flavour!
When there is a hot day, the first thing kids think of is having ice cream. Make their day by serving them an orange creamsicle float. It combines the creaminess of an ice cream bar with the fizz of ginger ale. Let’s be honest–who doesn’t love having a float? Equipped with a tall soda fountain glass and a long handled spoon, you’ll be all set to enjoy this drink to the fullest. You might be wondering what’s the spoon for? To eat up all that delicious foam from the soda pop, of course! Be ready to top up each glass when the foam is gone.
Oh, and this drink is so simple to make. For a special touch, freeze 5 soda fountain glasses an hour or two before you need them. This will give them a really cool look, and will help keep your drink stay cold longer. You can also have fun with your garnishes. Choose from whipped cream, orange zest, orange slices, tiny mint sprigs, cherries and retro paper straws. Serve this drink with some of our lemon bars, key lime pie, or no bake frozen grasshopper pie.
Check out these other delicious drinks and dessert recipes!
Easy Lemon Bars: these delicious tangy bars with a shortbread base are sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Sparkling Grapefruit and Ginger Fizz: a tangy-sweet citrus drink with a refreshing hint of mint.
Orange Julius: an easy blender recipe for this smooth and creamy classic beverage.Print
The drink of choice for kids and big kids at heart this summer? This simple orange creamsicle float! Forget the popsicles and make your family fall in love with this smooth, creamy ice cream drink made with orange juice and ginger ale. Use your blender to mix up a refreshing drink in minutes. Be prepared to make seconds of this tasty drink that is such a treat.
For the Drink
- 2 cups pulp-free orange juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1/2 cup chilled ginger ale, per glass
For Garnishing Each Drink
- 1 orange slice, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon whipped cream
- sprinkle of orange zest (from 1 large orange)
- sprig of fresh mint
- paper straw
- Freeze the glasses you want to use for this recipe long before you need to use them.
- In a blender, combine the crushed ice, orange juice, heavy whipping cream, and ice cream. Blend together until smooth.
- Take the glasses out of the freezer and fill each glass 3/4 full. Slowly and carefully, pour the cold ginger ale into the glass to top it off.
- Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream, a sprinkle of orange zest, an orange wedge, and an optional stemmed cherry. Serve immediately with a paper straw.