We handpicked the products and tools linked in this post. If you buy from one of these affiliate links, we may earn a small commission. Thanks for supporting Savor the Flavour!
When there is a hot day, the first thing kids think of is having ice cream. Make their day by serving them an orange creamsicle float. It combines the creaminess of an ice cream bar with the fizz of ginger ale. Let’s be honest–who doesn’t love having a float? Equipped with a tall soda fountain glass and a long handled spoon, you’ll be all set to enjoy this drink to the fullest. You might be wondering what’s the spoon for? To eat up all that delicious foam from the soda pop, of course! Be ready to top up each glass when the foam is gone.
Oh, and this drink is so simple to make. For a special touch, freeze 5 soda fountain glasses an hour or two before you need them. This will give them a really cool look, and will help keep your drink stay cold longer. You can also have fun with your garnishes. Choose from whipped cream, orange zest, orange slices, tiny mint sprigs, cherries and retro paper straws.
Check out these other delicious citrus drinks!
- Grapefruit Rosemary Mocktail: this pretty, non-alcoholic drink is just what you need on Friday night.
- Sweet Sunrise: you won’t miss the tequila in this mocktail version. It’s the ideal brunch drink!
- Copycat Chick-fil-A Frosted Sunrise: this is a refreshing medley of orange juice and vanilla ice cream.
The pleasure of a 5-star review for this orange creamsicle drink would be greatly appreciated.Print
The drink of choice for kids and big kids at heart this summer? This simple orange creamsicle float! Forget the popsicles and make your family fall in love with this smooth, creamy ice cream drink made with orange juice and ginger ale. Use your blender to mix up a refreshing drink in minutes. Be prepared to make seconds of this tasty drink that is such a treat.
For the Drink
- 2 cups pulp-free orange juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1/2 cup chilled ginger ale, per glass
For Garnishing Each Drink
- 1 orange slice, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon whipped cream
- sprinkle of orange zest (from 1 large orange)
- sprig of fresh mint
- paper straw
- Freeze the glasses you want to use for this recipe long before you need to use them.
- In a blender, combine the crushed ice, orange juice, heavy whipping cream, and ice cream. Blend together until smooth.
- Take the glasses out of the freezer and fill each glass 3/4 full. Slowly and carefully, pour the cold ginger ale into the glass to top it off.
- Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream, a sprinkle of orange zest, an orange wedge, and an optional stemmed cherry. Serve immediately with a paper straw.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: creamsicle drink, orange creamsicle drink non alcoholic