Turn asparagus into a favorite side dish with this roasted asparagus recipe. This healthy side dish is easy and can be made ahead. Marinade it in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and spices, top with cheese, then roast it in the oven at 400 degrees. Enjoy a second helping of this low carb side at Easter or a spring dinner party.
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed (907g)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (30 ml)
- 2 tablespoons white wine (30 ml)
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar (30 ml)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup Asiago cheese, freshly grated (35g)
- 1/2 cup Romano cheese, freshly grated (35g)
- 1/2 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- Line one or two large cookie sheets with aluminum foil.
- Rinse the asparagus with tips down, and cut off or peel the tough ends (roughly two inches). Arrange the asparagus in a neat row on the prepared cookie sheet(s).
- Put all the dried spices in a mortar and use a pestle to grind them smaller, especially the rosemary. Pour the spices into a medium bowl, add the other ingredients, and whisk until well combined.
- Drizzle the marinade over the asparagus, then flip each spear over so it is well coated in the marinade. Refrigerate for 1-3 hours. You can also marinate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Flip each piece over to evenly distribute the marinade.
- Cook for 10 minutes, then take out the tray and sprinkle with the grated cheeses. Cook for another 5-10 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the asparagus is lightly browned.
- Drizzle freshly squeezed lemon juice over the top and serve immediately.
- The pleasure of a 5 star review of this recipe would be greatly appreciated.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Roasted, Easter side, Spring vegetable