Salmon croquettes with lemon dill sauce is an easy Southern recipe that can be pan fried or baked. These patties are made with crackers, mayo, and canned salmon, and are a delicious low carb dinner idea. This classic can be enjoyed at breakfast or lunch, and tastes just like Grandma’s.
For the Lemon Dill Sauce
- 3/4 cup sour cream (180g)
- 1/2 cup mayo (112g)
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
For the Salmon Croquettes
- 14.75 ounce can of pink wild caught salmon, flaked (418g)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, minced (36g)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup cracker crumbs, such as whole wheat Ritz (41g)
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
For the Garnish
- 1/4 cup green onion, cut on the bias
- 1 lemon, wedged with seeds removed
- Fresh dill sprigs
Making the Lemon Dill Sauce
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
- Cover and chill in the fridge until ready to serve. Chill for at least 15 minutes.
- Taste and adjust the amount of lemon and dill, if desired.
Making the Salmon Croquettes
- Mix the first 8 ingredients together using your hands.
- Shape the salmon mixture into 8 balls, roughly 50g apiece, and place on a small cookie sheet.
- Flatten into patties that are similar in size, then place back on the cookie sheet. If desired, place the cookie sheet in the fridge for 15 minutes to firm up the patties.
- Pull out two 10-inch skillets and pour 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil in each one. Turn the heat to medium-high and swirl the oil around to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Gently transfer the salmon patties to the skillet using a metal spatula. Cook each side for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Make sure the bottom is cooked before flipping or the patty could crack. Cook the other side for 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Drain the croquettes on paper towels.
- Serve warm. Garnish with dill dip, lemon wedges, green onion, and fresh dill. Give each guest a lemon wedge to squeeze on their croquettes.
- The pleasure of a 5-star review for this salmon croquette recipe would be greatly appreciated.
- 👩🏻🍳 Want to see our latest recipes? Subscribe to our email newsletter to get our latest recipes, fun food facts, food puns, and behind the scenes news about our blog.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: salmon croquettes sauce, salmon croquettes