Looking for an easy, non alcoholic recipe that is both fun to make and drink for your children? This Roy Rogers drink takes 4 ingredients: cola, grenadine, maraschino cherries, and ice. This popular drink is commonly served along side a Shirley Temple to please both the boys and the girls at any party.
- 15 ice cubes
- 8 ounces Coca-Cola (240 ml)
- 2 tablespoons grenadine (30 ml)
- 1 maraschino cherry with stem
- Fill a 15-ounce highball glass 3/4 of the way full of ice cubes. This is approximately 15 ice cubes.
- Slowly pour the Coke over the ice. You may need to stop pouring if the fizz gets too high in the glass. If this happens, just wait until the fizz settles down, and resume pouring until all 8 fluid ounces are in the glass.
- Pour two tablespoons of grenadine into the drink and slowly stir the grenadine into the cola with a long-handled metal spoon. If you stir to quickly, you’ll create more fizz and could have a spill. Stir for 30 seconds to make sure it’s all mixed together.
- Select a pretty maraschino cherry with a long stem to place on top of the drink. Insert a fun paper straw. Serve immediately to prevent the ice cubes from melting and diluting the drink.
- Make this recipe perfectly the first time. Check out the step-by-step photos and pro tips before the recipe card.
- The pleasure of a 5-star review for this Roy Rogers drink would be greatly appreciated.
- 👩🏻🍳 Want to see our latest recipes? Subscribe to our email newsletter to get our latest recipes, fun food facts, food puns, and behind the scenes news about our blog.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Mixed
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: roy rogers drink, grenadine drinks, nonalcoholic drinks