Learn how to make oven roasted kernel corn, which uses fresh sweet corn on the cob. This easy recipe uses pantry staples like olive oil, spices, and lime juice to make a Mexican side dish that can be used for tacos, salad, or dips.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (30 ml)
- 6 ears fresh corn (4 cups of kernels; 667g)
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili lime seasoning (see notes for recipe)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (30 ml)
- Set a small bowl upside down inside of a larger bowl. Place the large end of one husked corn cob on top of the small bowl and use a sharp knife to cut the kernels off of the cob. Turn the cob and repeat until all the kernels are cut off, then repeat with the other cobs. All the kernels should be caught inside of the bowl.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and preheat the oven to 400F.
- Add the olive oil, chipotle chili lime seasoning, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper to the bowl of corn kernels and stir until well combined.
- Spread out the corn evenly on the baking sheet and place in the oven for 30-40 minutes, until it's the color you want. Make sure to stir when the kernels are halfway done.
- Sprinkle the corn with salt and pour on the lime juice, stir until blended, then serve hot.
- Chipotle Lime Seasoning: mix together 1 1/2 teaspoons chipotle powder, 1 teaspoon lime zest, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon coriander, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Makes 2 tablespoons or 13g. Store is a small airtight container.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oven roasted corn, pan roasted corn